Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well to catch everyone up I bought my MKIII 89 Targa Turbo a few months ago and have been working on restoring it. I decided to paint the car in my garage which over all I'm very happy with the outcome. There were a few small problems and whatnot that will need to be airbrushed out but I'm going to save that till the end and do all the touch up at once since the engine will be going in as soon as we(myself and Idealsupra) build it. So here is the full progress of the car Before's During and After paint(yes I know we missed a few spots in the engine bay that is one of the problems that needs to be touched up at the end)

Picking Car Up First Night in Garage

What A Mess

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Finshed(Kinda like I said going to have to go through and touch areas up with an airbrush)

Overall Though I'm very happy with the outcome of my Garage Paint Job

·
Offical MkIII Pushman
1,797 Posts
wow looks nice, real nice. wana come paint mine next?

·
HottoMotto
968 Posts
wow! that looks amazing for being done in the garage :p
you have any pics of the actual painting?
what did you use to paint it with?

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
very nice.. paint the mudflaps, and the window trims black again (cant tell if you painted em or covered em and was oversprayed).. What about the moldings, stock or just pulled off to get the paint down underneather and going to paint those as well?

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
looks very nice man!! i really like the burgundy color now. im also interested in what you used to paint it.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
thanks a lot guys.....Mudflaps forgot about those inside of the car will hit them later when I do final touch up..... Painted with a compressor and a expensive ass spray gun w/ a drier on it as well....Moldings Havnt decided yet just took them off for the time being and may hit them at the end as well depends on how it looks once i push it in to the sun and really get a good look and see how much touch up is needed, The trim is covered but I'm going to re paint it all black again as well...

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Congradulations bill. This has to be a big step in being finished for you. now that you guys have practiced on your car when can i bring mine over ;)

·
Premium Member
2,275 Posts
looken good :)

·
:)
2,124 Posts
yikes, shouldve removed a lot more things then you did liek the door handles taillights windshields mirrors...youll see cracks from those spots over time.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts