Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I brought the car in a few weeks ago for some valve seals and we ended up doing a few other things (including SAFC tune on AEM 02) and when we did, you guys suggested running ngk coppers as opposed to the denso iridiums I had previously in the car.

I was at the drag strip the other night, and after quite a few runs, the car started sputtering through the rev range. It was weird because I ran the car the previous week at Import Wars and it was great. It felt like the plugs, I have ridden in cars that need new plugs badly and sure enough, I pulled the plugs today, and they don't look too hot. They are black! I don't mean your average, oh look it's running a little rich, but black! The tips are also completely flattened.

I'm not really sure what needs to be done to fix the problem and get the car running good again, because Import Wars II is Sunday 27th, and I want to get first this month (as opposed to 2nd last month).

Also, Vido was supposed to order a dual 60mm gauge pod (that replaced the entire a-pillar) for the defis I've got (boost and oil pressure). I have the control box II and a Philip Long 2 step that I desperately need to make some boost at the line with my 6spd. Please let me know when the pillar will be in so that I can get the car down to you guys before next sunday! A price quote would be sweet too.

thanks guys,
Reid

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also wanted to add that this occured when I threw 100 octane into the mix. At Import Wars I, I was on good ol' 93. Kind of out there, but is it possible that you guys gapped the copper plugs for 93 and they just didn't like the 100? Either way, I'll have you guys look at it when I make the trip down.

thanks,
Reid

1 - 2 of 2 Posts