Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
supra crazzzy
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I phoned Jdm source in calgary about a 7m-GTE and they said there on major backorder and it be like 2 months before I could even get one. There is a waiting list of like 20 ppl. He said everyone wants one but there isn't enough to go around. So all u ppl with 7m-GTE better go hug it right now and be glad u have one. But anyways after i get a call from the mechanic that looked at the supra and c what he has to say then i decide if i buy it then probaly have to go down the rebuild route. I sopuses no one else knows any other engine imports that can ship an engine to regina, saskatchewan???

·
Digital Dreamer
898 Posts
Man, just check around and cal lyour local car yards. I did and found one 10 minutes from my house. I live in Ontario. It was sitting there, who knows how long, but atleast I got to go see it, and i would never have guessed one was that close. Now it's in my garage :)
eric

·
supra crazzzy
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BIGG_EASY said:
Man, just check around and cal lyour local car yards. I did and found one 10 minutes from my house. I live in Ontario. It was sitting there, who knows how long, but atleast I got to go see it, and i would never have guessed one was that close. Now it's in my garage :)
eric
yeah but was it any good?? don't want to go to yard and get one that will need rebuilding when i could already just rebuild the engine i have.

·
Digital Dreamer
898 Posts
Sorry, I guess I didn't answer your post properly. I planned on rebuilding anyways, so I got the engine regardless that it was missing some bolt on stuff. If you don't want to rebuild get one from a good source, like naganojapanese or japan star motor. Make sure they give compression tests and have all the bolt on goodies like starter and alt and all that jazz. If you wanted to rebuild one, and put some good parts in it, take your engine out and invest the money your would use to buy another one and just put better parts in your existing one.
eric

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Are you sure there are no local shops that have them? Maybe we are lucky in the Toronto area but there is easily 20+ shops locally that carry 7M's and even some 1J/2J's

·
supra crazzzy
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
blackout_89t said:
Are you sure there are no local shops that have them? Maybe we are lucky in the Toronto area but there is easily 20+ shops locally that carry 7M's and even some 1J/2J's
not in little old saskatchewan, im sure though there got to be some more in alberta though then jdmsource

1 - 7 of 7 Posts