Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not much of an update, I got the tranny out and shipped to Jeff. He has it rebuilt and is sending it back so that will be in soon, hopefully this weekend.

et streets are mounted on the RX7 wheels and test fitted on the car, yay!

Dual Maf is mocked up with PVC piping for the time being, will fabricate an aluminum intake if the system yields good results. I will be starting the wiring soon, I need to purchase the clip for the second MAF then I will finish that off. All and all I am pretty happy with my progress.

-Mike

H

·
0 Posts
wait it is i didnt read your post but damn thats ghetto lol

"yo nigga check out my tightttt pvc yo! straight up from homdizpot"

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah for the time being it is haha im ghetto i know. I dont want to spend big bucks doing this and then not liking it. This way I will try it out, see if I like it, and if I do then go with a custom intake then. :)

-Mike

·
Registered
615 Posts
How do you plan to electronically interpret the signals from two MAFs into one signal the computer will interpret correctly? Is there a converter available?

H

·
0 Posts
MDoe8 said:
yeah for the time being it is haha im ghetto i know. I dont want to spend big bucks doing this and then not liking it. This way I will try it out, see if I like it, and if I do then go with a custom intake then. :)

-Mike

yea keep us updated

·
11,221 Posts
chupacabra said:
How do you plan to electronically interpret the signals from two MAFs into one signal the computer will interpret correctly? Is there a converter available?
Yea I'm wondering the same thing. Also does that mean you can control larger injectors?

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will do a full write-up on it once I get it running, yes you can support bigger injectors. There is a little written up on this site already, try doing a search.

-Mike

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Who is shipping the tranny back for you? I thought you were going to call me?

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
94Silver said:
Who is shipping the tranny back for you? I thought you were going to call me?
Sorry man, my friend ended up shipping it back with his transmission. Believe me I would have gone to you, sorry again.

I have not had time to do anything with the dual maf as I have been putting my pile back togetyher but expect this to come alive in the next month. Drivetrains suck :(

·
11,221 Posts
^^ I'm really interested in this setup. I wanna see what came of it. I think the Skylines run dual MAFs right? I think there's a feature on SAFC2 that takes dual MAFs and combine it into one signal.

·
BPU is so 1997
5,349 Posts
michaelvanle said:
^^ I'm really interested in this setup. I wanna see what came of it. I think the Skylines run dual MAFs right? I think there's a feature on SAFC2 that takes dual MAFs and combine it into one signal.
Aren't you already running a VPC? :stickpoke

·
11,221 Posts
Hua said:
Aren't you already running a VPC? :stickpoke
Yea, but I was always interested in this setup. I've talked to him several times on it before I went VPC and just wanted to get an update. I'm sure several people want too.

I might take the VPC off, I dunno. My car's running extremely rich (like 9.8:1) no matter how much I lean out. I've adjusted all the options I can but the a/f still the same.

It might be the NA OBDII ECU, they are known to be shitty. I might convert to OBDI and try again.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well in stopped the project as i am selling the car. i do believe that it would have worked. i also thought about doing a blow-through maf. it seems like a greatg idea.

-Mike

1 - 20 of 26 Posts