Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Not so fast!
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yeah, I know, I haven't been around much... but, that's because there hasn't been much done for me to tell about. But I jus tthought I'd give you all an update on the status of the Mk. III - my gorgeous '87 :bigthumb:

- Car has passed the 70,000 mile mark - still runs very nicely.

Okay, so that really isn't a lot now is it X_X - well, I guess that's a good thing, though, since the car has been running flawlessly and reliably. I've been kicking ideas back and fourth over the winter and decided, maybe turbo ain't the right way to go after all. Here in this part of New Jersey at least there's like - 0 places within 20 miles of my house that does anything import, spare one Skyline(G35)/350Z shop which only does those.

So, I've made up a current list of mods that are soon to be done, mods that might be done, and mods that would be a nice afterthought to really touch up the car, if I can find them ^^;

Upcoming mods:
*Repainting the car Gunmetal Grey, eliminating the tiny bits of rust in the bottom of the windshield area and driver's side front fender
*Getting new ASA 5-spoke rims from The Wheel Rack and new summer tires
*Aluminum pedal covers

Possible summer mods:
*Swapping in an LS-series GM V8
*Changing the rear diff gearing (although I could use help on how to get it down to.. at least 3.70-ish for better highway cruising)/switching to LSD
*89+ Turbo rear spoiler (unless something nicer catches my eye)
*New Racing seats
*New Steering wheel

Afterthought mods:
*02+ Acura NSX headlight conversion (If I can find a damn pair :/)
*Removing the rear seats and doing a clean, dual sub setup in their place
*Fuel cell
*Coilovers with possible 1" drop
*Short shifter kit

I don't have a whole lot else in the works; I'm actually very pleased with the stock Supra's overall design.

·
Supra teacher 101
613 Posts
Why a fuel cell...??

Dont put a damn V8 in the supra. buy a the car that the V8 u want comes in.. your rUining a car. and if yours has 70,000 Original Miles. then damn. thats a STUPID ass thing to do.... i take it your n/a? and your not wanting to turbo it? or cant? then just mod your n/a. they can still be fun. or you can

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
just get the 3.73 lsd for your car.

·
Not so fast!
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I once saw an LT1 Supra; It was hands-down one of the most desirable Supras I've ever laid eyes on.

I'm not going to get into the "Ruining your car" argument on the LS that's been said for many RX-7's out there - It's a solid, efficient powerplant that has torque nearly everywhere in the rev range, you can get parts for them just about anywhere and it's more than enough power for a weekend toy. They're also not very expensive to come by. At least not compared to fully-equipped 2JZ's (my previous idea).

As for the 22 gallon fuel cell I might install? Just a racy touch, that is all.

edit: I'm not touching nitrous.

edit 2: I've been looking around for 89+ Turbo LSD rears, not much luk finding one. :/

·
Supra teacher 101
613 Posts
well i guess its, your car you wont change your mind to what other people say, but think about it before u do attempt to put a v8 in Kinda Gays the car up.. i could understand if it was a hunk at the time and u built it and got it painted etc, but not doing it to a Original 70,000 mile supra. But. whatever floats your boat man Goodluck

·
Needs More 1jz
987 Posts
buy a maro it weights less.......

nough said :)

70k is low miles tho you can still have fun with a ge header full exhaust lil bit of the bottle CAI more fuel :)

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
Ls1 Ftw.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Midnight Dorifuta said:
As for the 22 gallon fuel cell I might install? Just a racy touch, that is all.
Are you aware that your stock fuel tank is 19 gallons? The general idea of a fuel cell is to be lighter. Its probably all pipe dreams anyways but 22 gallons is a bit much dont ya think?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts