Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Official SF BS Detector
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, we did it again. New cams and a little more boost. SRs be on the look out :) The twin's car is still pimping the stock head / valves, intake manifold and throttle body.... In addition to the WAY TOO SMALL IC rated to 400 HP and tiny 2.25" hot pipe and 2.5 cold pipe. OMG when those things are upgraded and we run a full T4 turbo..... WOW.... WATCH OUT!

·
Na Zdrowie
958 Posts
Congrats, I love the way power just keeps climbing after a couple more mods

·
Official SF BS Detector
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Current mods are:
PK turbo kit with PK GT-35 turbo (non bb, E cover, T3 5 bolt, .63 A/R)
PK intercooler rated to 400 HP, 2.25" hot side 2.5 cold side
PK fuel system with 95lb injector / ballast resistor upgrade, second in tank pump upgrade.
AEM EMS with speed density conversion kit (no MAF)
PK turbo motor (Arais pistons, Clevite bearings, Crower rods, Cometic gasket, ARP head and main studs [heads upgraded to 11mm] Crower valve springs and retainers, and Crower V2 cams)

The run was made with VP C16 racing fuel at slightly over 30 lbs of boost (I dont know the amount because the boost gauge and MAP sensor max out there)

Something is holding back the power for the last 2000 rpms. Lower boost runs showed a signifigant increas in power with the new Crower V2 cams that wasnt there on higher boost pulls. When I get rid of the cork in the system, this motor is going to come alive and probably shock some people :)

I need to get some dyno sheets scanned and I will be posting about the Crower V2 cam test and the awesome results we got.

·
Premium Member
12,619 Posts
Holy shit!

Reactions: ndnxtc

·
Official SF BS Detector
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your sources are not accurate. BOTI is in September. Last Sept it was at BOTI and went 12.7 @ 117 mph on 17" street tires. At one of the Import Wars at GLD last year, it went 11.71 @ 118.54 with baby slicks on it. This year it has not been to the track.

·
Registered
136 Posts
dammit Ivan!!! I still need to get my shit running!!! this brings new hope to me since I'm going to be running close to your setup. see you on zilvia.
KEvin

·
Registered
112 Posts
sorry, i again am an idiot. Why cant we edit posts?

·
Supraholic/Boostaholic
1,513 Posts
Wow nice ass numbers,was there a dyno video?

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
nice nubmers...they seem to be different from typical mustang printouts like Larry posts...is this a different mode?

·
Registered
136 Posts
AllAboutDaZ said:
nice numbers man
the KA motor has lots of potential when done right
which is exactly why I don't build anything but ka's.... people think just cause its not jdm tyte that its not a good motor, please tell me why, if its not a good motor, that one of the most respected (yashio factory) jdm tuners imported a USDM 240sx to build a ka-t car out of...

·
Registered
27 Posts
nismo2491 said:
which is exactly why I don't build anything but ka's.... people think just cause its not jdm tyte that its not a good motor, please tell me why, if its not a good motor, that one of the most respected (yashio factory) jdm tuners imported a USDM 240sx to build a ka-t car out of...
Because the heads dont flow nearly as well. And also because no parts came about until the 240 suddenly became popular.

·
Premium Member
12,619 Posts
When properly ported, the KA heads flow very well.

Iron block + more displacement KA > slight head advantage SR

·
irie
168 Posts
Yes, we did it again. New cams and a little more boost. SRs be on the look out :) The twin's car is still pimping the stock head / valves, intake manifold and throttle body.... In addition to the WAY TOO SMALL IC rated to 400 HP and tiny 2.25" hot pipe and 2.5 cold pipe. OMG when those things are upgraded and we run a full T4 turbo..... WOW.... WATCH OUT!

VERY VERY IMPRESSIVE KA NUMBERS!!!!

maybe it will calm down the "SR" crazyness. good job with sticking with the ka motor.

·
Registered
139 Posts
way to lay down the pimp stick on that project! I want to see 800whp!!! :bigthumb:

How is the idle from the cams? The hp is crazy and some will try to compare it to 2jzgte power, but my question is how is the driveability of the motor? would you consider it a daily driver capable car on lower boost and pump gas? or are the cams too ruff?

·
Banned, jk lol
3,871 Posts
It's funny that people say that the KA sucks when it can very well make numbers similar to the SR. Awesome #'s, and good luck with the rest of the project. :bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts