Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well some of you may or may not remember my last thread when I aquired this car:

with the intentions of returning it to its original beauty. It finally took its trip to the bodyshop. here's some pics.

LOL I took it for a very short spin down the street before putting it on the trailer, lol, got some looks :)

I finally got most of the dash pieced together after ALOT of parts from members on the board and the dealer, Also scored a set of stock 17's that are in great shape! The new quarter is probably almost on by now, I dropped the car off earlier in the weekend. I think I did a pretty damn good job of stripping it, I enlisted the help of a friend and my gf, now our apartment is stocked full of interior stuff.

As soon as it gets back from the shop, the Greddy PE exhaust and RMM dp are going in, as well as the GReddy bcc and tt.

I'm excited :bigthumb:

BTW if anyone has a stock radio mount they'd like to get rid of, pls let me know...thanks.

·
Bad Texan Boy
4,266 Posts
WTF happened to this car? (No, I didnt see your other thread)

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DTSupra30 said:
he got an offer he couldnt pass up, and wanted to save the car

Matt
hit the nail on the head :) I couldn't let it go to parts, or god forbid a NA-TT conversion :) :) j/k :bigthumb:

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DragRacingSupra said:
WTF happened to this car? (No, I didnt see your other thread)

from what I can tell, that quarter mated with a guardrail...kinda funny that's my userid, but anyway it took out the left rear rim and suspension, the links have been replaced, as well as the half shaft, the k member might be slightly bent but it should come out with a frame tug. the front got barely clipped on the driverside, just enough that the fenders won't quite bolt up. But all is well, it should be all fixed up by friday and in primer, then blocked and painted next week...that's the plan anyway.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just got a call from the shop, quarter is on and front is straight....they're just down to cosmetics now.. :)

·
IUCK FSLAM
277 Posts
I know you said "original beauty" but are you keeping it red? This seems like it would be a good time for a new paint job. :)

And that clean driver's seat sticks out like a soar thumb.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hunterljc said:
I know you said "original beauty" but are you keeping it red? This seems like it would be a good time for a new paint job. :)

And that clean driver's seat sticks out like a soar thumb.

yea staying red. I know the seat looks completely out of place

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Got some pics of some progress, quarter is on, front clip is on (but not in the pics), and they've only got some dents and whatnot to work out.

EDIT: I shrank these pics by 50%, if you guys think they're still too big, I'll shrink them again...

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
nice coming along together. How much for that beauty?

·
Ninja
1,826 Posts
your rear tire is on backwords. :)

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
srowdet said:
your rear tire is on backwords. :)
Yea both are on backwards, just needed something to run around on :). I'll swap them when it gets back.

more pics:

its getting there, I think we are going to scrap using that hood for a better one I have, the front lines up perfectly, especially the healights etc..the rear deck is perfect also. Door lines came out beautiful...overall everything has come together really nicely. For those asking for the cost...It will be well under 18k finished, that includes full BPU items. It'll be in full prinmer tonight, so more pics as the week progresses, looking for it to be all painted by next weekend.. :bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts