Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped by this evening to check on the progress Beege is making on the car. Damn, that guy is a good painter. :-D I've finally met someone as anal as I am. :lol: If anyone is considering high end paint work, he's the man....

So it started out something like this a week after we got it in August from Nero:

And has progressed to this....8 months later :eek:

Some cage shots (courtesy of the legendary Gary Reese)

The man himself starting the first base coat

We should hopefully get the paint complete within the next month, then off to Don and Russ at Accelerated Performance to put back together. I think Beege and I counted 3 or 4 bolts that remained on the car, so should take just a week or so for AP to put it all back together :lol:

We're hoping to race the car for the first time July 28th at the NOPI Milan, MI race for those interested in coming up to watch.

·
Banned
1,984 Posts
oh wow, looks like a good build coming up.

·
Administrator
8,852 Posts
can't put my finger on it...somethings missing... :)

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone. I'll update pics once paint is finished. JP, we're running an air-water I/C.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Weight limits us to an 88mm in Pro Street Tire. We have both a DBB and standard. Nero has a 91mm waiting on me, but I'm so far over budget, I think we'll stick with just an 88mm for now, see what we can do with it, then swap turbos when we run some of the local domestic races.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
very good man... what you see missing is the metal where the head lights sit. It's missing that whole bar. Are you painting it by itself?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'll get some more when I see him Saturday. I think he may have the body and inside/cage painted by then, waiting for clear.

·
Registered
328 Posts
i would assume thats the unibody front bunber supports and the frame jig bolted together so they can paint it and wheel it around.

let see more pix jamie!!!

-Brandon

1 - 20 of 135 Posts