Supra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a couple of people have questioned me about my car and what i'm doing with it.. i decided to post an update.. As some people know i ditched my old setup:

Boostlogic kit w/ pt72gtq
3 inch downpipe
HKS 3.5 inch Exhaust
Stock headgasket
Walbro
1000cc injectors
AEM Wideband
AEM ECU
Cold Fusion nitrous 100shot

My new setup:
1. Ported and polished head, 1mm o/s ferrea competition valves, crower valvesprings, crower titanium retainers, bronze valveguides - thanks [email protected]

2. First State Motorsports Intake Manifold w/ wilson 90mm throttle body

3. Cams - I was going to run the Brian Crowers because of the big lift but they are not available yet. If we dont have a delivery date within the next two weeks, I'll be ordering the TTC Performance 270's.

3. Special gt42R(in the works) - Thanks SpoolinTurbo

4. BOV - Dual Greddy Type RS

5. Exhaust manifold - I currently have a coated Boostlogic manifold, still waiting on Kean to get back to me as to whether the gt42R will fit on the BL manifold with the distributor. If it doesnt, I will be running the full race manifold.

6. Wastegate - Tial 44 wastegate (single or dual depending on the manifold)

7. Intercooler - 4 row intercooler (arrived already), piping will be done by FSM

8. Fuel - Dual walbros, aeromotive fpr, 1000cc injectors (FSM Fuel System)

9. Exhaust - FSM 5 inch downpipe into FSM 4 inch exhaust

10. Drag Wheels - CCW Drag Package - Thanks AlexD

11. Transmission - Still searching for a good deal on a 6 speed.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll be running a headgasket and headstuds bottom end over the summer while i try to save up some fundage for a brian crower stroker..

I'll be updating this thread as more parts come in and the build gets underway

·
Banned
566 Posts
Music to my ears :wavey:

Im pretty much gonna force you to buy the F-R manifold, it will clear the 42 with no mods. Since we are gonna do a gasket/stud motor, we should pull that bottom end apart and freshen up the bearings, rings, and throw ARP rod and main bolts in. We want this thing to last ALL summer, and get punished every day of it. Get rid of that flip you are working on, then its on!

Josh

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,784 Posts
Awesome :) btw - how did it drive when you had the MAP ecu in there?

Josh - what is FSM's business hours? :)

Jay

·
Edge On The GE-T Epidemic
575 Posts
Stock Headgasket? Ah GTE head. Where could i pickup a FSM intake manifold and some piping? , Similar setup in the works here aswell. GT42-76dbb on 1000cc and BL manifold , No DLI or Coils for you?

·
Premium Member
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No.. GE Head w/tt headgasket.. compression will be approximately 9.2:1. PM The Quickness for information on the intake manifold and piping. I will be running the stock distributor with the hks dli.. I'm trying to switch out only whats necessary.

Stock Headgasket? Ah GTE head. Where could i pickup a FSM intake manifold and some piping? , Similar setup in the works here aswell. GT42-76dbb on 1000cc and BL manifold , No DLI or Coils for you?

·
Banned
216 Posts
good luck on your build up! i will be following your progress as im doing pretty much the same setup.

good luck again im sure you will do well !!

·
feeding your habit
4,015 Posts
very nice to see these big HP NA-T setps - so many people underestimate the GE, when it's the same stout motor as the GTE, and keeping the distributor and not caving in to getting rid of it on looks alone, nice. Your setup is killer.

·
Premium Member
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks.. i'm really concentrating on keeping the setup simple.. the way i see it, power can be made through the distributor.. no one has pushed the motor to the limits where the distributor became a problem.. if it does become a problem on my setup, i'll ditch it but until then its not necessary

very nice to see these big HP NA-T setps - so many people underestimate the GE, when it's the same stout motor as the GTE, and keeping the distributor and not caving in to getting rid of it on looks alone, nice. Your setup is killer.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.