Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to come across some free cash flow(meaning money that isn't tied to anything other than the supra) and I am stuck on where I want to put it. I hope you guys on here can help me out a little. Do I go for straight performance with AFM/550's and get some horsepower, do I go with Radiator, electric fans, and larger oil cooler, or do I go with Lightweight Flywheel, upgraded clutch and a lightweight drive shaft? I am pondering this problem with cooling because i know i will need the cooling upgrades later on anyway with HP increases. What do I do????

Just to let you know, I already have a 3" downpipe, Cat-back exahust, Intake, MBC, and S-AFC

Thanks in advance for your help

·
Boost Dealer
981 Posts
You should come to Cary, North Carolina, and I'll hook you UP.
I have enough parts to make a tight handling 400+rwhp MKIII.

Jeff
[email protected].com

S

·
0 Posts
Do you have the head gasket taken care of? Hp is nice, but having your engine crap out on you is probably not worth the chance.

What's wrong with the stock cooling? Lots of people run it at high HP levels. If it's in good shape to begin with, it works just fine.

·
Beat the hell outta tu!!
1,061 Posts
Get a turbo elbow...

·
Do You Even HKS, Bro?!?
1,493 Posts
I'm with Shawndude, as long as your stock radiator is not plugged up, it's fine. And electric fans have generally hurt our cooling system, keep that in mind. (Ask KeithH or RonR). I'd go with Bigger fuel and better handling.
Kevin

A

·
0 Posts
I would get a 3" elbow from becauseican or suprasport.com, and then go for the Lexus AFM/550 Injector upgrade, then do some hard I/C pipes
You'll then be able to Hit 14-15 PSI on the stocker, it will be like night and day - A boost gauge would be a good thing here to :p

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do have the stock HG, and I also have a boost guage, and A/F. Also in addition, my downpipe replaces the factory elbow. I made sure i took care of that while i was taking the time to replace the dp.

[email protected]: i am just wondering, but how do electric fans hurt the 7M?

A

·
0 Posts
Go lex/550's next then, and push the turbo to 14-15PSI, along with hard pipes - the factory IC itself is pretty good, it's the pipes that suck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts