Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at upgrading my tranny before I add any more serious power ( above 400) Just need some ideas( try to keep budget in mind).

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did do a search, sorry I should have mentioned that. I am just looking to get my car into the 500 hp range, like I said what needs to be done/ bought in order to get my auto to support this.
I am looking for a short simple answer not a long drawn out discussion about me doing a search.

I guess I will talk to Steve T, and quick about what I need to do.

Mike

P.S. Thanks for your wise words of wisdom.

·
Na Zdrowie
958 Posts
Do u want 500 @ the crank or to the wheels? 500 to the crank, the stock tranny should hold, then again it depends on how it was cared for in the past. But additonal coolers are highly recommended. BPU with a couple +'s will put u in the high 400's close to 500 crank. If your looking for 500rwhp. The stock tranny wont hold too long. Look into the SP Gen 2 or Boost Logic. You should search, this topic has been discussed one too many times.

DakaDan
SP67GT
AEM

·
HKS T04Z & Vpro Equipped
3,149 Posts
i say look at sp enginerring since you are on the west coast they built mine and it has held 743 hp for a while now. you are looking at around 2800- 3400 for everyhting

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Listen I wasn't trying to be a dick but my idea, searching, will get you the answers you need. It took me a couple of seconds to find these threads, each about a top tranny builder in the MKIV world.
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=104408&highlight=automatic+transmission+upgrade
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=135779&highlight=toyota+tranny+upgrade

I'm sure if I spent more than a couple seconds I could have found many more threads. If you still have questions after REALLY searching old threads then I will be happy to help you with any issues you have. It becomes tedious anwsering everyones' questions when they are the same. It is simply easier to say search and it will get you your answer more quickly. Try changing up your search terms if you don't get the results you want on your first try. Try searching for Boost Logic and Sound Performance (I didn't search for their names) too since they are known as the best places to get a tranny upgraded.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks I wasn't trying to be one either. I guess my search topics were just to big... alot to search threw

thanks
Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts