Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
I am using some great looking Monster Cable ones that were around $40 each with connectors and all... Email me direct for pic...

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
do you guys run a new wire from the Alt. to your terminal? i was wondering this because i also wanted to get terminals but with new/longer wires, if not then i'm going to get a Exide deep cycle that has 2 sets of terminals so i can use one set just for the car (with the stock terminals) and run the set for my amp. with different terminals. you could probably do something like that, unless you already have a expensive battery.

·
Ok, ok, maybe 500rwhp!!!
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a Costco battery! It replaced my stocker, which died right at 36 months(!), and it's been working great so far, and it was only like $30 ($-5 off coupon when you walked through door).

Brian

·
Registered
730 Posts
i was wondering...with the stock terminals, there are a few wires hard crimped into the actual terminals. how do you get those out and consolidate them into one to go into the aftermarket terminals and maybe make them look a little prettier? pictures would be great if anyone has them available

·
Registered
691 Posts
im using stinger wire, circuit breakers, battery, and terminals... i love them but they are VERY expensive... i only used the battery and terminals because i got hooked up... i have a yellow top and the expert series platnum(?) terminals with built in voltmeter (very trick)... brian

·
Registered
868 Posts
I think you guys should definitely upgrade the stock ground wire that goes from the battery down to a bracket and then on to the block. I used 4 guage and used the same bolt for that bracket, this solved all of my electrical problems and I have seen that many people do this.
I used some terminals that have 2- 4 guage and 2- 8 guage inputs. The ground side I just used the existing ground wire (just cut the end off) and also made the 4 guage ground that I previously mentioned.
On the positive side I used the stock 4 guage wire(again just cut off the end), a 4 guage for my stereo stuff, replaced the wire to the fuse box with 8 guage, and the other 8 guage goes to a fuse/distribution block for my alarm and guages when I get them.
The terminals were only like $20 but they aren't anything special, just look pretty good and had the terminals I wanted.
I will take a picture in a little while.

·
Ok, ok, maybe 500rwhp!!!
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I do plan to upgrade the "big 3" wires. Alternator to battery, battery to chassis, and battery to engine block. I've heard the best setup is to ADD to the wires, not necessarily remove and replace.

Brian

W

·
0 Posts
brianb said:
I do plan to upgrade the "big 3" wires. Alternator to battery, battery to chassis, and battery to engine block. I've heard the best setup is to ADD to the wires, not necessarily remove and replace.

Brian
good choice on upgrading the "big 3". it definitely makes a difference. and like you said, it doesn't hurt anything to just add wire. i grounded my battery twice. and then just ran 1/0 welding cable on the other two.

·
Registered
691 Posts
i do not have any pics, nor a camera, but, as soon as i am done with my stereo (worked on it 2 hours a week for the last 2 months) i will borrow a cam and post several of everything

·
Its Me...Its Me
631 Posts
U need to upgrade all your wires that include running your system. Replace the alternator wire with at least 4 gauge if not bigger. Put terminals on your battery..both sides (pos & neg). Replace the groundwire with a bigger one as well. Make sure to run big enough wire to support your wattage. Use power caps and fuseblocks as necessary. Trust me u want to do this right the first time

1 - 13 of 13 Posts