Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
DAMN u a big one lady
1,278 Posts
i think on most rebuilt CT-26's the most effiecent range is between 16-18psi.... that's def. not max, but it's a decent range. I'm sure more will chime in.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
i did over 25 psi (maxed out the boost guage) when a wastegate line blew off.

·
Savage Member
1,033 Posts
Blah... I heard that for the 60-1 you could run 19-20 efficiently on pump gas with bigger IC/hard pipes... But I'm sure it isn't going to last you any more than 10-20,000 miles...

·
Registered
39 Posts
who's a good reputable company to do a 60-1 upgrade?

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
i ran 15 psi daily (witha few 18 psi days thrown in for good measure) with no problem...till the turbo realized it was 88k miles old and started burning oil......sp61gt on the way

edit: good shops are majastic here in dallas and then theres a company out in CA that is supposed to do a good job but cant remember the name

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
MKIIINA said:
i ran 15 psi daily (witha few 18 psi days thrown in for good measure) with no problem...till the turbo realized it was 88k miles old and started burning oil......sp61gt on the way

edit: good shops are majastic here in dallas and then theres a company out in CA that is supposed to do a good job but cant remember the name
Performance Techniques?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Performance Techniques did mine, they did an awesome job. The upgraded CT will do perfectly fine at 14psi...That's when you start to notice a differnce over the stock ct in most cases...

·
Registered
39 Posts
turbo87supra said:
Performance Techniques did mine, they did an awesome job. The upgraded CT will do perfectly fine at 14psi...That's when you start to notice a differnce over the stock ct in most cases...
how much did that cost ya?

·
Registered
204 Posts
I am not sure what the actual price is. I just know that if you send your turbo in to them and tell them you are a member of supraforums, they give you a discount. The going price that everyone said it cost them was 450. So I said thats what I saw and here and thats what I got it for. Plus it was about 20 dollars for shipping from Louisville, KY. I think some people paid 475 and some might have paid less. It is a really great turbo IMO, and it still looks stock when its on the car. lol

·
Registered
39 Posts
turbo87supra said:
I am not sure what the actual price is. I just know that if you send your turbo in to them and tell them you are a member of supraforums, they give you a discount. The going price that everyone said it cost them was 450. So I said thats what I saw and here and thats what I got it for. Plus it was about 20 dollars for shipping from Louisville, KY. I think some people paid 475 and some might have paid less. It is a really great turbo IMO, and it still looks stock when its on the car. lol
sweet, do you have any other mods? know your HP#?

·
Tired of being sexy
530 Posts
I think the ct upgrade is awesome. Obviously the more you push it the less it will last. For the time being, I am at a point where the upgraded ct 26 will boost like crazy and have a bunch of mods that could support a bigger turbo if I wanted to. Just plan out your mods properly and you should be good. 15 psi does the job for me, but I'll push it a little more from time to time.

·
1000whp club
746 Posts
I build them and sell them all the time, upgraded ct26's depending on how you build it will last a very long time, just like a stock turbo, take care of it right and you'll have much boost from it (life I mean) I do 26psi all day long for over two years now, same turbo, 410whp at 488wtq at 24psi, fuel cut at 25 so that sux for me......but I drove that turbo all the way to caifornia and back to michigan without turbo problems, race over there too. Now the turbo has about 36k miles on it now.

·
Registered
59 Posts
stevevangst said:
I build them and sell them all the time, upgraded ct26's depending on how you build it will last a very long time, just like a stock turbo, take care of it right and you'll have much boost from it (life I mean) I do 26psi all day long for over two years now, same turbo, 410whp at 488wtq at 24psi, fuel cut at 25 so that sux for me......but I drove that turbo all the way to caifornia and back to michigan without turbo problems, race over there too. Now the turbo has about 36k miles on it now.

Is that the 60-1 CT upgrade? I wanted to eventually upgrade my CT26 but didn't think it could go pass 20psi and still be effiecent. How much would you build one for?

·
1000whp club
746 Posts
if you send in your own turbo as a core then i'll do it for 470, plus 15 shpping anywhere in the 48 states us, I also warrenty my turbos to be perfect running turbos, I have never blew a ct26 upgrade before and so have 200+customers, take a look at one of my customers that has it in his car

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/426073/3

I also do bigger or smaller upgrades such as the 62-1 trims, 54, 60, small16g big 16g etc.

Let me know if you are interested. Steve

1 - 20 of 98 Posts