Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
B
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have my 60-1 CT26 and im only going to be running 12psi, Im wondering if my GReddy IC Kit is overkill for it. I could sell it for $1000 and then just trade my 550's for a set of nice hardpipes, saving me 600 bucks. Would the gains be minimal with the upgraded ic @ only 12psi?

Brian

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
definitely not overkill. The stock IC has a lot of pressure loss and heat-soak. The Greddy will make a big difference even at 12psi.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Thermactor said:
definitely not overkill. The stock IC has a lot of pressure loss and heat-soak. The Greddy will make a big difference even at 12psi.
Agreed....There's probably about a 4psi pressure loss with the stock IC at that point

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree with Rajunz and disagree with Thermactor - Our Stock IC is a respectable unit. What kills it's efficency is the god-awful I/C piping - Get some decent Hardpipes and you'll see a good difference.

Now, with Hardpipes, you'll see 3-4HP at most stock IC vs. greddy. If you haven't already, get the lex afm/550's, couple that with your hard pipes and you'll be good to run 16 PSI :cool:

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,222 Posts
ur on ludes if you think 4 psi drop at only 12 psi..

Mark stop trashing the stock IC. he'll be barly scraping 300 RWHP at 12 psi on upgraded turbo...

I think it's a good upgrade for the future to have the IC.. But I wouldn't expect more then 5-10 HP gain from this and a lil slower spool to fill up the extra space given.

You dont need 550's...

Get a lexus AFM and a FPR and bump up the pressure not too much you don't want the stock pump to run out of breath.. Get a walbro if thats the case.

B
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im going to be using a stock hg, so I Dont want to fuck around with any more than 12psi. I already sold my lexus, fpr, and walbro because I didnt need them. The thing is Im about done with my car, so there won't really be upgrades in the future.

3,796 Posts
If your not going to be modding anymore then get the IC. It will make daily driving on hot days much more pleasurable....

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
where do you guys get this info on the stock IC being good and the piping being the problem?? the issue is MAINLY in the stock IC.. the piping is only a serious problem if its old and cracked.. and yes, i strongly recommend getting an aftermarket IC if you have the money.. its worth it for the margin of safety from detonation, and even if the stocker has the potential to FLOW decent numbers, it will still heat soak.

3,796 Posts
Hey bill...did you notice a drop in throttle response when you installed your IC with all that piping?

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
keep the ic. Ic piping sucks, but its not thaaaat bad, same goes for the ic i guess. Ditch the 550s and get hardpipes. then youll have a nice setup. Just think of the brisk cool air your engine will be getting ...

Ang

1 - 15 of 15 Posts