Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new to this forum. I just wanted to consult experienced NA owners about modding. I have a Black 1993.5 MKIV Supra. I want to put on a greddy MX exhaust. does any one have any pics they can post or email to me?
Also, i know the K&N FIPK for the MKIII turbo will fit the MKIV NA's...are there ANY OTHER INTAKES for the MKIV NA supras?

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
more of first post

sorry im new to this. i sent that last post prematurely. I just wanted to ask what are the recommended upgrades of a MKIV NA? thanks.
Bob

·
road hazard
452 Posts
hey bob, welcome aboard the slow club. check out this thread which has some good info on your questions...

http://www.supraforums.com/supravb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13434

the usual performance upgrades for our na's include intake and exhaust. a twin turbo exhaust will fit just fine but you will lose some low end power. the greddy mx is made for supra na's so it shouldn't lose that low end. mkiv.com has a pic of a greddy mx but the site seems to be down at the minute. i'll post a pic for you once its running again.

i think suprastore sells a pulley kit for na's.also. another upgrade is to change the plug wires...i believe magnecore are highly recommend by some folks.

next, you can try for a turbo system (look up sound performance), nos, or take out the 2jzge engine and drop in a 2jzgte.:) if you do those, don't forget to upgrade the tranny.

·
Internet Addict
89 Posts
toysupra1 said:
hey bob, welcome aboard the slow club. check out this thread which has some good info on your questions...

http://www.supraforums.com/supravb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13434

the usual performance upgrades for our na's include intake and exhaust. a twin turbo exhaust will fit just fine but you will lose some low end power. the greddy mx is made for supra na's so it shouldn't lose that low end. mkiv.com has a pic of a greddy mx but the site seems to be down at the minute. i'll post a pic for you once its running again.

i think suprastore sells a pulley kit for na's.also. another upgrade is to change the plug wires...i believe magnecore are highly recommend by some folks.

next, you can try for a turbo system (look up sound performance), nos, or take out the 2jzge engine and drop in a 2jzgte.:) if you do those, don't forget to upgrade the tranny.
Isn't Greddy MX a dual exchaust?

Also, why do the expencive engine swap when you could just turbo your 2JZ-GE motor. Few people off of www.clublexus.com are running the 2JZ-GE motor with the Toyomotor kit without lowering the compression at all and no problems.

If you just got the car make sure to do a little tuneup to make sure your car runs well. Change sparkplugs and wires (if the car is around 90k miles). I recommend the Denso both for sparkplugs and wires. When you do the tuneup make sure to replace the fuel filter, rotor, and the cap also. It worked wonters for my car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts