Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am upgrading my fuel system with 720cc. What else do I need to make it run right with larger injectors. Will the apexi SAFC II compensate the change or do I need a chip?

1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no I already have installed a t60 single and I'm currently running with the MAF sensor still on.

S

·
0 Posts
Go MAP from MAF. MAP ECU or VPC or standalone (AEM, Motech) Get fine adjustment fuel control if you go with the VPC.

Get a 4in air intake. Tune to 11.5:1 AFR from 4krpm to redline.

Get 100 octane or better and turn up the boost.

1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm on a budget and I wanted to know do I need all that or can I get by with the SAFC II?

·
A Mile High
114 Posts
you can play with the SAFC, but that MAF will only flow and meassure air till about 550rwhp

then you either need a second MAF, PHR MAP ECU, VPC or AEM

·
boost is good
772 Posts
stoker6 said:
Go MAP from MAF. MAP ECU or VPC or standalone (AEM, Motech) Get fine adjustment fuel control if you go with the VPC.

Get a 4in air intake. Tune to 11.5:1 AFR from 4krpm to redline.

Get 100 octane or better and turn up the boost.
you dont get fine adjustment fuel control with a vpc...they only let you take out X% of fuel from the whole rpm band...you need some kind of additional fuel controller (afc or gcc or afr) to get good control.

if hes asking this question (unless theres a really good reputable tuner in the area) i would say any kind of standalone is a little to advanced....pretty much anyone can tune with a afc/vpc combo and its proven to work great.

1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so basically I can rig up a pipe with two MAF, upgrade my injectors and fuel system then run just the AFC II to lean it out a bit.

S

·
0 Posts
gritsak said:
you dont get fine adjustment fuel control with a vpc...

dude, that's what I meant. the vpc is course adjustment, the fuel controller is the fine adjustment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts