Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
gt35/40?
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if you absolutly have to upgrade all the fuel lines and such when upgrading the fuel system? I was thinking of just upping the injectors to 720 or 800's with dual intank pumps. ( ill prolly rig something up for the stock supra pumps since they are quiet) or do you have to upgrade all the lines and what not? thanks in advance

·
Registered
240 Posts
reason for the upgrade is even if you have the proper size injector and not have a big enough fuel line to deliver the fuel to it your 880 injectors might as well be 600cc injectors.... therefore the reason for people utilizing the stock fuel line and adding an additional line to the front to get enough fuel up to the injector... or just run one big fuel line....

·
Registered
457 Posts
RoToPoweRed said:
Just wondering if you absolutly have to upgrade all the fuel lines and such when upgrading the fuel system? I was thinking of just upping the injectors to 720 or 800's with dual intank pumps. ( ill prolly rig something up for the stock supra pumps since they are quiet) or do you have to upgrade all the lines and what not? thanks in advance
IMO, you would be okay if you upgraded to the 720s or 800s. However, after that the fuel lines may start to be a restriction.

·
EchoDeDupra
4,122 Posts
how big injectors can a -6 fuel line support?...

also, is it possible to install an aeromotive fpr on a stock fuel rail?... thanks

·
"Philzilla"
694 Posts
RoToPoweRed said:
While the oem fuel line is mostly about -5AN, it's 'banjo' fittings are about -4AN in size. With these restrictions, along with the tiny orifice in the oem fuel pulsation dampener, I honestly doubt if the oem fuel system can push more than about 600rwhp (6spd), regardless of the size of injectors you're running. Feel free to test this theory out yourself, and let us know at what point the motor blows from running too lean. ;) If you don't want to play 'russian roulette' with your engine, just do the whole upgrade, imo...

Supradedupra said:
how big injectors can a -6 fuel line support?...
A -6AN line, in addition to the oem ~-5AN/~-4AN fuel line (and two fuel pumps) has proven to support at least 1000hp (at the crank). It's likely good for even more than this, but most folks shooting for 900rwhp and above go with even bigger lines (eg. -10AN).

Supradedupra said:
...also, is it possible to install an aeromotive fpr on a stock fuel rail?... thanks
Yes, it can work with the stock rail, but a special adapter is required.

·
EchoDeDupra
4,122 Posts
to bring up a 2 month old thread....

I am now going single and installing an hks fuel rail with 720 cc denso injectors....

I have done the fuel pulsation dampner bypass already, so I have a -6 line running from my fuel filter to my fuel rail...

can the return line be converted to an fittings?....

thanks in advance

·
Supratruck Pilot
882 Posts
Supradedupra said:
to bring up a 2 month old thread....

I am now going single and installing an hks fuel rail with 720 cc denso injectors....

I have done the fuel pulsation dampner bypass already, so I have a -6 line running from my fuel filter to my fuel rail...

can the return line be converted to an fittings?....

thanks in advance

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=288791

EDIT: never mind, I didn't read that you have an HKS rail

1 - 7 of 7 Posts