Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
'95 TT
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, I appreciate the help in advance.

I just bought a bone stock '95 TT and of course want to up the boost to about 15 psi or so.

Normally this wouldn't be a problem for most people, but I live in a county where exhaust regulations are very strictly enforced. So unfortunately, I can't play around with exhaust components whatsoever.

With that said, can I get away with this with just a BC in combo with a BCC?

Is that asking too much of the stock exhaust?

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
I don't see why you can't get away with something like a TRD exhaust or even tanage g power.

However, if you're going to be on stock exhuast...are you at least going to get a DP for it? I don't see a problem boosting 15psi with bcc/evc combo with a stock exhaust.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
You can but you will be stressing your turbos since they will be working harder as they are choked by the catalytic converters.

If you decide to not swap out the downpipe and/or exhaust, I would not boost above 14psi. Actually, it is doubtful that you could get much boost beyond that level, because of the exhaust restrictions, most notably the cats.

·
Registered
479 Posts
cant you just get bigger piping but keep the stock mkiv exhuast/tip? or you can try some sort of e-cutout but im not sure how well they work?

·
Registered
247 Posts
I ran 18psi on stock cats and exhaust. It was one of the first (and cheapest) things I did to the car.

·
BPU is so 1997
5,349 Posts
Marcus Frost dynoed 376rwhp through his 97 auto with the free mods with the stock cats still in place.

·
'95 TT
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah that's all i'm looking to get... around 350 rwhp or so

I can probably swap out the cats, that's not an issue. Looks like i'll be able to do it though... i ran 11.53 on the stock TT exhaust from the cat back with a 3 inch pipe up above with my NA-T. So looks like this will be feasible :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts