Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
upper suspension arm replacement... *UPDATE*

will I need any special tools... it almost just looks like those big nuts/bolts that go into the frame and then pop the ball joint loose... but I'm sure there's something I'm missing... I've never done any suspension work... any help is greatly appreciated b\c it gets me that much closer to getting my car back on the road...

thanx
Patrick

OK I got the ball joint separated and that long bolt loose(well got the nut off of the other side...), but I can't seem to get that damn bolt out... anyone have any tricks on getting it out... I think mine might be bent a little bit from the accident...

·
Professional White Man
2,674 Posts
yeah, youve got to wrestle that bolt past the plastic fender liner to get it out of the hole, but besides that, its cake.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so no special tools are really needed... c\ I checked the tsrm and it said that one is needed to pop it out of place... but you guys think I will be able to do it without the tool... have any of you done if without the tool....

thanx,
Patrick

·
Registered
620 Posts
They're talking about a ball joint separator (looks like a large tuning fork with tapered forks), to help remove the arm from the hub. If you really want to you could rent one from any autoparts store...

Or just tap the bottom of the nut (on the ball joint) after you've loosened it a few turns.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so don't take the nut all the way off... just loosen it and then tap it loose and then take it off....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts