Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please forgive me if I come off as ignorant--I've only been a Supra owner for 3 days now!

I have just purchased a 1993 TT and the prior owner gave me the clear side markers and some clear front fog/indicator lights (go in the spoiler under the headlights.)

I installed the side markers and noticed that the new fog/indicator lights are the 1998 year style and are significantly longer and take two bulbs.

Has anybody ever done this conversion before and if so, how is it done? It appears that you have to drill a hole in the spoiler on the side for the longer light assembly, but where does the lead for the extra bulb come from??

I'm assuming the one on the outside is yellow/orange for the turn indicator bulb and the inner socket is for a fog light? I haven't checked inside the car yet to see if there is a switch for fog lights??

Again, please forgive my lack of knowledge with all of this!!
Any words of advice would be greatly appreciated.

One last thing-- I just ordered glass Europeon headlights because mine have broken seals? Are these good headlight sets?

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok. First of all, call Jeff Watson @ Jay Marks Toyota. He will supply you with a "harness" to do the 93 to 98 style conversion of turn signals.

Your fog lights are actually next to the low beams in the headlamp assembly. (switch next to headlamp switch) The outer-most bulb in the bumper lens is/will be your new parking light. The inner one is the turn signal. Ya don't have to drill into your front-end, just remove that "screw" piece from the 98 signals and use the rear-facing ones to mount the units. That's pretty much it. Feel free to contact me if you have anymore q's.

By the way, if you need bulbs to go with your side markers and/or sigs... give me a call. I've got them in stock. Hope this helps! NJoy your new Supra.....

·
Stock Twins King
4,400 Posts
:) Welcome NW93TT. Are you going to Join the PacNW Assoc?
There is a meet in Centralia on the 26th.
FYI You can fix those headlights yourself. I fixed mine. If you really want to get into it, look up MKiV website, they give you step by step on how to do headlight repair. Beats the big bucks on buying new ones. And yes, Jeff at Jay Marks is by far the best way to buy parts. He is 25% less that any other dealer.
PS I bought my 97TT Jewell Green from a guy on Lake Tapps. It was Bone stock, TT 6sp. Heck, I was only a few miles from you!

Stumove

·
Registered
302 Posts
What I need

Well i'm a little confuse here... What is the list of parts I need to do a 98 style turn signal conversion? I allready bought the 98 turn lights. These do not have any harness or bulbs just the holes for the bulbs, 2 to be exhact.

I call Jeff and he told me that I need to do some re-wiring still with the harness but it will be the more simple way to do it.

Can someone give me more info on what I need to buy from Jeff in order to do the conversion,

1) Harness
2) Bulbs
3) Jeff mention something else I cant remember....?

By The way I looked into MKIV and no instructions just that you can do it doing some re-wirring....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts