Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Wholesome creamy goodness
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
Well, I just got back from tuning my VPC and SAFC over at UPRD. First of all, some details about my car…basically 97 TT BPU+ with a Greddy FMIC, my downpipe is pretty crappy (crunch bent 3” with a “high flow” cat…I’m have a better downpipe arriving soon). The baseline run at stock boost levels put down 320RWHP and 296.6RWTQ before fuel tuning. After about fine-tuning the SAFC and the VPC and 17 runs on the dyno, I put down 363.3RWHP and 345.5RWTQ (sorry I couldn’t post the dyno sheet because I don’t have a place to host it). Note that this was done on 92 octane pump gas, without any icing (not to mention some massive heat soak from all those dyno runs) and the highest I got on boost was 1.2 bar mainly due to the restrictive downpipe/cat not allowing me to boost any higher. The car runs noticeably smoother and believe it or not, my idle is better (I have NGK 3330’s and I was bitching before about my crappy idle…it still isn’t as good as stock, but its better that before). So overall, I’m pretty happy with the results even though they aren’t up to par with normal BPU Supras…that’ll soon change when I get my new downpipe!! But I’m even more impressed with the service I received at UPRD. For those who don’t know already, UPRD is under new ownership and pretty much revamping there whole image to be more customer orientated. J.C. their main tech definitely knows his Supras…while there I got a glimpsed of what they had going such as Keith Ta’s bad ass Dawg, the UPRD 1000+RWHP black Supra which is going through a major change to compete with Vinny Ten and the other east coast guys. But yeah, Mitch, J.C., and everyone over there at UPRD was very professional and made sure the tuning on my car was done correctly the first time. For those guys in CA, I highly recommend UPRD for tuning of your Supra…be warned, they are a tad pricey on the labor, but it’s defiantly worth it for the piece of mind knowing that your car is in good hands and won’t blow up down the road…Darshana S…

K

·
0 Posts
how is my car coming? i have not had the chance to stop by. maybe tomorrow, i will drop off more stuff for the car. congrats!

F

·
0 Posts
Rob from RPS clutch is another great tuner for supras I can remember a few races at Pamona where the upperdy (uprd) supra ran with Chris Rados supra Rado handed them their ass every time. Not saying bad about uprd but Rado & RPS did that supra for about 1/4 of the price that upperdy did theirs for. hell I remember when their supra showed up at the Supra meet in LV and Russ Matsuvich and his 2nd gen supra were going to run on the street for $1000 bucks and the guys at uprd backed down.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Keith...haha, i was talking to my homegirl and she told me she met some fool that was claiming his supra is yours....he showed her a pic of your supra and said, this is my supra...you like? haha...wat a perp. anyways...that was a quick FYI for ya. so wassup wit the rims bro? hit me up on my cell. later

·
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Keith,
You car seems to be comming along fine. I don't know if you want me to spread the word about what your putting on to your car, I'll leave that up to you if you choose to do so, but your new setup seemed to be comming along nicely and needless to say they were proud of their work and your car. It was kind of funny...I was talking to Mitch when your new throttle body came in (which is by the way FREAKEN HUGE)...but yeah, JC seems to be putting your baby together very nicely. You car is spectacular in person by the way...even when its partly in pieces...Darshana S...

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
So Millen is moving up to the Outlaw class now? I think thats a mistake. He should stay in the street class where he just finally won an event the end of last year.

K

·
0 Posts
lolz. that has to be the funniest shit. she should have asked him for ride. lolz. hey if you want the wheels. call me. we will work out something.

Originally posted by SagaSupra:
<STRONG>Keith...haha, i was talking to my homegirl and she told me she met some fool that was claiming his supra is yours....he showed her a pic of your supra and said, this is my supra...you like? haha...wat a perp. anyways...that was a quick FYI for ya. so wassup wit the rims bro? hit me up on my cell. later</STRONG>

K

·
0 Posts
thanks for the update. hopefully i will see you there sometime.

Originally posted by Supraman16:
<STRONG>Hey Keith,
You car seems to be comming along fine. I don't know if you want me to spread the word about what your putting on to your car, I'll leave that up to you if you choose to do so, but your new setup seemed to be comming along nicely and needless to say they were proud of their work and your car. It was kind of funny...I was talking to Mitch when your new throttle body came in (which is by the way FREAKEN HUGE)...but yeah, JC seems to be putting your baby together very nicely. You car is spectacular in person by the way...even when its partly in pieces...Darshana S...</STRONG>

K

·
0 Posts
I think that with UPRD in the outlaw class things will be taken to the next level. The car will be stepping up in a major way, and now we have a crew that wants to put on a show and race. I am not sure who will be driving the car. We all know the UPRD supra made shitloads of power. Just never had the chance to make a solid pass. I think mostly because of clutch related problems. The moment the car got the clutch worked out, it went 10.02. Well, I guess we will have to wait and see what happens. But, if I know the crew at UPRD, you guys will get a great show. The UPRD supra will be the one to watch. If, you guys ever have the chance, you should stop by the shop and check out some of the projects they have right now. And then you will understand why i think that going outlaw was the choice. And you will see why it was so easy for me to hand over my keys to them. I have been to many shops in the past few years in building this project of mine, and now i have found a home for my car. I trust these guys to the fullest extent. If, you guys need a place for some work done to the supra or any other car at that. This is the shop.

·
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, like Keith said, the UPRD Supra is definately going to be the car to watch when it comes out. When I was talking witht the UPRD guys yesterday, I think J.C. was contemplating being the driver...I'm not sure if they'll get Millen again as a driver. I know for a fact that they are definately concentrating on getting the power to the ground which means a Ford rear end and even de-tuning the engine a bit. But UPRD is back with a vengance and the guys there are determined to get noticed not only in racing but also by raising their standards on how they do their work and treat their customers...I found this out first hand yesterday...Darshana S...

K

·
0 Posts
I agree completely. Customer service is the BEST!

Originally posted by Supraman16:
<STRONG>UPRD Supra is definately going to be the car to watch when it comes out. UPRD is back with a vengance and the guys there are determined to get noticed not only in racing but also by raising their standards on how they do their work and treat their customers...I found this out first hand yesterday...Darshana S...</STRONG>

·
Man Of Leisure
15 Posts
I have had the opportunity to meet JC once, he's definitely a straight-talking no bullshit person. When I went to his shop (before he picked up UPRD), he was working on Keith's supra, as well as setting up another Supra for roadracing. In the other corner of the shop was 2000's nation-wide hot rod of the year (he built it), and what will most likely be this year's hot rod of the year - I won't give many details, but it had a big block with 4 garret turbos in the engine bay :)

If I ever get a SFC I'll probably take my car down there as well.

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Keith
Talk to JC for me. I will need to take my car down there for some tuning in a month or so......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts