Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone can help me with an electrical problem. I pulled the car into the garage...shut it off....went to restart the car and nothing. The key alarm still "dings"....lights work...brake lights work. Now what doesn't work:

turn signals...heater/fan...power windows....safc shows blank.

Don't know if this was a precursor to the problem but...in the last few weeks the car has died for now apparent reason..maybe hitting a small bump in road. I would then pull over and the car would start.

I checked ALL the fuses...all good.
The DLI light is not on.

Anyone out there have any ideas??

thanks..btw 94 automatic

· Arrow
804 Posts
Sounds like it could be a fuse. I know that to reset the check engine light there are fuses you take out which will reset it and then you put them back in. There is one that makes you upper dash lights appear blank and then the car won't start. That would be my first guess.

· Registered
1,435 Posts
Try swapping your EFI relays with your A/C and Fog light relays. Same size so they are interchangeable. Bad relay will kill power to the ecu, ignition and fuel pump ecu. S-AFC taps power from the ECU harness, so when that doesn't work, you know the ecu doesn't have power. GL

· Registered
670 Posts
Try to clean your battery terminals, it may have some acid corrotion and loose clamps. You didn't mention if your engine turns over or not. Tell me what happen when you try start.

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did forget to mention that!.....here's the deal.....I insert the key and I get the "you left the key in the ignition" dinging...I then turn the key as to start the car....the dash lights "dim" but nothing else happens. NO turning of the starter. The battery is new. The car started without any problems prior to me pulling it into the garage. So I know it is not the battery or the connectors...however, I did check all that. The wierd thing is...everything electrical works except the power windows...and the turn signals. brake lights work...radio works..horn..etc.

· Registered
670 Posts
Do yuo hear a click when you turn your key to start position? If that the case you might have a bad starter solenooid contacts. Try to turn your key to start position and on sequenctially and see what happens. If you have a bad or thin copper contacts the starter won't turn. Keep me posted.

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
.....there is no "click"...just dimming of the lights. I am going to check things out better this weekend...I really haven't had a chance to look at it since last weekend at which time I checked the fuses...terminals...etc. The thing I really don't understand is why the power windows and turn signals don't work but basically everything else does?? I did check the ECU to make sure all the wires were "plugged in" and secure. Logically, it would appear as though a major "fuse" or a wire has come off somewhere...I just need to track it down. I thought it could be the neutral lock out which I am going to remove the console and check. As I said, I am going to work on it again this weekend to try and track this down! Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok..found the problem...well...my son did actually. There was a burned out fuse in the circuit coming off of the battery that controls the Clifford alarm. The trans fans are in the same line so they weren't working either. So...it's running fine now. I hope this may help someone else.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.