Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I tune the AFC to compensate for an open atm. bov?

Dec. Air....and then what?

I just installed an AFC, and set it how mkiv.com said to. Is there anyhing else I should know about?

thanks in advance
-Steve

·
3,148 Posts
Make sure your NE1 point is at 1,000 rpm and your NE2 point is at 2,000rpm.
Now go the the Dec. Air settings and put your throttle % at 5%, your NE1 at 1.80 and your NE2 at 1.50. This should get you close.

Later, Steve

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What exactly will this do? I have both and never heard of that before!

·
3,148 Posts
If you have a car that stalls due to the BOV venting to the atmosphere, this will help compensate.

Later, Steve

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does it help with any of the sputtering that occurs around 3k and 4k rpm after tapping on the trottle? This normally only happens after I have driven for a long while and only happens when I push on the gas lightly. Others said it was from the HKS SS BOV!

·
GA Rocks!
1,094 Posts
Too bad that feature sucks! I had the afc and jarrett PHR couldn't get the car to stop stalling when I had the MAF on my street single. I called APEX and they even stated that this feature only helps a little bit. Steve Vache said the same thing. I think Lar said he had to get a deflector to get venting back to the maf actually work.

Sid

·
Registered
332 Posts
I did have some luck with mine. I set the AFC right when you start the car(as per apex-i's instructions). You want the car to start to almost start to stall at a cold idle. Go about two 2 clicks up on the AFC till the idle is normal again.

I didn't have any stalling problems with my T-78 unless I reset the ECU. Everytime I did the car would want to stall (and sometimes did), but after driving it for awhile then letting it cool down I had no problems.

I say this though. GET A VPC!!!!!!!! I didn't think it would be a big difference, but it is. My car spools faster, the turbo is louder :) , and way better shifting( no going rich due to venting). If I would have know it would have been such a difference I would have had one at BPU.

-TY

1 - 8 of 8 Posts