Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I need your help.

My power steering is not working properly ATM and I can't pass my yearly inspection.

The problem: no powersteering without giving throttle. When you give it some gas, it works.

Checks already done:
  • fluid level = ok
  • bleeding ps = ok
  • PPS = ok
  • idle up = ok
What are we missing?

Would love your input guys, cause I'm stuck.

Casper

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi guys, I need your help.

My power steering is not working properly ATM and I can't pass my yearly inspection.

The problem: no powersteering without giving throttle. When you give it some gas, it works.

Checks already done:
  • fluid level = ok
  • bleeding ps = ok
  • PPS = ok
  • idle up = ok
What are we missing?

Would love your input guys, cause I'm stuck.

Casper

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk
It sounds to me like something internally is failing in the P/S pump itself and it can only build adequate pressure when the RPM is raised.

I would throw a pump at it.

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,432 Posts
yearly inspection.
Lack of power steering shouldn't be a cause for failing a state inspection. Power steering isn't required in a car at all. Oh wait...your in Germany or somewhere like that right? Do they require power steering?

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
its most likely that pressure sensor marked in yellow in the above photo, and check you 2 vacuum lines from and to the sensor , i would take it off and clean it with some WD40 or gasoline, there is a spring loaded check valve inside, it may be dirty causing it not to open to give the proper flow - that's what i would do first

1 - 7 of 7 Posts