Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I converted to OBD1 so I am on the OBD1 ECU...I read Jaxin's site and it says to use Pink/Blue and Brown/Black for the resistor on the MAF plug... those are OBD2 colors, from what I know OBD1 MAF plugs dont even have those colors... can someone put the color wire of their OBD1 MAF plug in order for me??

Also I was told to set the SAFC for sensor type: Pressure, IN 03, OUT 03

Is that right??

My car cranks and cranks and cranks.... tries to start but doesnt start all the way... its driving me insane. I went through one battery already, went out int he middle of the night to buy another.. each time checking everything over before cranking... I am seriously running out of steam doing this

Recap of settings:
VPC - MK3 550 chip, knobs @ 12oclock across the board

SAFC - sensor type: pressure/IN 03, OUT 02... Cyl 6 Thr Up

please help :sadwavey:

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok I verified the resistor is on B65 and B45 which is correct, Set the AFC to Karman as told by Dave, Throttle up, Cyl 6, and still no go

·
911 Turbo Now
1,391 Posts
damn , i wish i had my supra here so i could go and check my settings, i think it was in/out 03/03 tho.

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The only plug left out is the EGR sensor plug, the car should start without that correct? I did the EGR mod and just unplugged the sensor

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i unplugged SAFC took off the karman wires... still no luck

im about to give up, everything is plugged in and im tired of working on this car, put too much work into it for this bullshit

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can one of you guys check the color of your B66 wire??

That is saying Light green/Black... mine is Yellow/red

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Car almost started w/ VPC alone after tinkering with some of the connections... but sounds like its missing really bad

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
UPDATE:

GOT it started, but runs REALLY rough.. its just on the VPC right now... IDLE goes up/down to about 2K then back down to 800 over and over...... I hear a noise whistling on driver side when it goes up on the RPM's...like a fart :lol:

·
911 Turbo Now
1,391 Posts
OHH i MAY know the problem!!

With my car, one time the afc got knocked, and on the inside, the two CPU chips came unattached, and made the car run DAMN AWFULL and rich as fuck because the maf signal wasnot getting to the ecu. So you may want to bypass the SAFC by just connecting the two stock ECU maf wires together and see if it runs anybetter.

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am running with just the VPC right now... it runs like shit.. no throttle response.. idle goes up/down.... it stopped for a little bit and idled smooth for 5 minutes but then continued again after.... I think my plugs are also shot from trying to start it so many times

·
BoostAddict4Life
2,012 Posts
sounds almost like a bad vpc chip, make sure the chip is ok, check the dip switch settings, what injectors to the vpc chip are you running.

when you installed the turbo kit did you make sure all the connections are back on....

the vpc shouldnt be using the yellow wire, thats for obd2,

·
Registered
564 Posts
god i hate the damn vpc, its such a peice of crap for na-t...mine has given me nothing but problems too, next week im going to be borrowing a different vpc unit to see if mine is just bad, but so far ive had no luck...mine still runs really rich too.

·
Registered
471 Posts
i had the same problem before and i figured out that it was the VPC chip that was bad. I uninstalled and re-installed the damn VPC/AFCII about 5 times and uninstalled and re-installed my new wiring connections to my injectors (i have a mkiv resistor) about 3 times before i figured out that it was a bad VPC chip. Yeah, i was pretty pissed off about wasting a whole lot of time, but u know what? it was definitely worth it! But i do know what u are going thru....hope u figure out what the problem is.

AC

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
The car starts now, it wasnt starting because the timing was way off.... I am trying to setup the base timing atleast right now... I turned the crank until the grooves on the Cam Gears were @ 12oclock, the crank ended up being about 4 degrees... moved the rotor on the dist to point @ #1...car starts but sounds horrible.. there is a HUGE vacuum leak somewhere... sounds like a loud whine coming from somewhere.

Here are the things that I know need to be fixed and maybe will help me narrow down the problem:

1. Intake manifold stud stripped out in intake mani (closest to firewall), might throw some jbweld on the threads and let it sit over night in the intake mani and tighten up the bolt

2. I didn't put a gasket on the EGR blockoff plate that is on the block... I think thats where the loud WHINING noise is coming from..the whine goes up with the RPM's (EDIT: now that I look into it more it seems like its from the intake manifold bolt being stripped... i am in the process of fixing that now)

As of now the car starts, idles rough.. 1K-3K up and down up and down... loud whine coming from around rear driver side of the motor... I dont know if I did my base timing the right way or what. This morning the rotor was off 180 degrees and it was running weird just like now.... any help will be great, I am pulling my hair here.

·
Over Medicated
2,718 Posts
Kirk #2,

Try changing all your plugs or at least pull them and clean them up. Also make sure your IAC is plugged in and working correctly. You may have to adjust your TPS if it got bumped or moved at all in the build. It maybe what others have said that you got a bad chip :dunno: . Some people have said to use the 440MKIII chip with the 550cc injectors but it would seem that would make it run even richer.
Are you throwing any codes? Now that you have the OBD I ecu you can retreave the codes easier. Let me know if you need any help I may be able to swing by tomorrow or Monday after work.

Kirk #1

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey man.. I found out the whine noise and its kind of my fauly, I didnt use any silicone or anything on the intake manifold gaskets.... so I used some copper sealant and threw it back together. I tried calling you earlier but it went to your voice mail. The reason why the car went up to 4K by itself was because of the HUGE intake manifold leak... it was literally sucking in my hand. I am waiting for the stuff to dry before cranking it over again.... crossing my fingers :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts