Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Symptom: The car would not boost over .77 BAR. I have set the gain up to 12 and ratio up to 80. Didn't change anything.

I suspect that either I have the lines hooked up incorrectly under the hood or the solenoids are not working.

I am not very mechanically inclined, so I will describe the install as best as I can.

The IN hose is attached to the brass hose (90 degree bend) that's situated on top of the engine bay, just right in front (toward the front bumper) of the BOV.

The OUT hose is attached on top of the brass actuator, near where the alternator is.

Do I have the lines connected correctly? If not, can someone tell me exactly where the IN and OUT hoses go?

-Rudy

·
We has your money!
576 Posts
kl;sdfj

looking at the two brass outlets, the one on the right hand side above the pencil should go to the in portion on the solenoid and the one no the right should go to the Out..

·
Registered
207 Posts
I had a similar problem after I installed my Blitz DSBC. Could not boost past 0.8 bar. To eliminate the turbos as the problem I temporarily removed the cap from the bottom of the wastegate actuator, the same actuator that the OUT hose goes.

Caution, this will give you maximun boost. Go on a run, keep an I out on your boost gauge, and see if you can boost past 0.77 bar. Did it boost past 0.77bar? Yes, put the cap back on.

I tracked the problem down to the electrical connector of the soleniod unit. One of the pins was loose from the body of the connector. So it was pushed, and never made contact with the connector of the controller.

Good Luck.

·
462 Posts
I had the same problem and Blitz here in Anaheim, CA swapped out the solenoid. We put it on in the parking lot and it instantly solved the problem!!

Not sure if it was the connector, but there have been several posts about the connector pins. Look at both connectors and see if the pins are able to make contact with eachother.

If that's not the problem, then call Blitz and I'm sure they will exchange it for you. Their service was great!

Good Luck.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DSBC

sonik,

Thanks for the picture you provided! I used the picture and realized that I had the IN connected to the wrong hose outlet.

Car is now boosting a solid .9 BAR ( I am waiting for BCC to come in so I can boost more). I can't believe how much difference two more psi of boost makes!

Even with only .77 BAR of boost, I was able to dust an Audi S4 and a Boxster S by 5 car lengths from 0-110 mph or so last night. I had 3 people in the car too! :D

-Rudy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts