Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have built a boost leak tester , by using a water bottle and an tyre valve from a rim. I put the water bottle into my accodeon hose, and I connected a compressor to it, to put air pressure on the system. Now the strange part: my boost sensor only show 0.05 bar and I hear a tshhh noise from my oil filler cap. When I remove the oil cap, the noise is gone, but it shows no boost at all. Should I retry the thing wihout the underpresure hoses on the accoreon hose, and close the openings? I saw an instruction for an boost leak tester, but it connected directly to the turbo and not to the accordeon hose, but i don't know what he did with the other hoses, which normaly connect to the accordeon hose.

I hope you guys can help me, because I believe I have pressure leak somewhere, as my car stutters under boost, and doesn't build boost properly. Could this also only be because it doesn't get enough fuel?

Thanks a lot

Mark

·
medford turbo addict
841 Posts
im not exactly sure what the accordeon hose is... but if your pressurizing the intercooler piping and not blocking off the piping just before the throttle body as your adding pressure all your doing is filling the pipe up and its leaking past the throttle body and your boost gauge is reading .05bar because #1 the throttle body isnt open #2 there isnt enough volume comming from the air compressor to fill the intercooler piping and everything before it leaks through the rings... if i missed anything else please anyone fill in

1 - 3 of 3 Posts