Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the oil filter in the EXACT same spot on the JDM and USDM 2JZ-GTE? Reason I ask is because I am running an Aristo 2JZ block and my IAC on the Hypertune intake manifold is right where the oil filter should be... it won't even clear my oil filter relocation adapter. Did they weld the bung on this intake manifold in the wrong spot or are the USDM filters placed differently?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm 99.9% certain they are. The only real differences under the hood between JDM and USDM, were the fuel injectors, turbo (USDM is steel, JDM is ceramic), an issue with fitting downpipes, and as far as I know all the other differences had to do with electronics.

As far as an oil filter goes I think it should be the exact same...

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know the other differences.. I've done a couple of swaps already but never noticed anything with the oil filter placement. I am just wondering if the flange was put on wrong on my hypertune or if the oil filter is located differently. I have absolutely no room to run an oil filter with the IAC on....

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Is the oil filter in the EXACT same spot on the JDM and USDM 2JZ-GTE? Reason I ask is because I am running an Aristo 2JZ block and my IAC on the Hypertune intake manifold is right where the oil filter should be... it won't even clear my oil filter relocation adapter. Did they weld the bung on this intake manifold in the wrong spot or are the USDM filters placed differently?
Bring that piece of shit Manifold to my house and drop it off. I'll take care of it for you. :)

Sorry I got no real input and I'm sure you've got other supras you can look at, but ou know where I live if you need to take a look.

Cheers!

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bring that piece of shit Manifold to my house and drop it off. I'll take care of it for you. :)

Sorry I got no real input and I'm sure you've got other supras you can look at, but ou know where I live if you need to take a look.

Cheers!
Lol!! Thanks man... I'll probably be able to check first hand on a USDM motor tomorrow after work. I just hope that its not with the intake manifold.... I will be pissed.

·
Lexotic Garage
1,470 Posts
there is not difference on the filter housing, unless the the manifold was designed on a car without the stock oil cooler behind the filter??

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
there is not difference on the filter housing, unless the the manifold was designed on a car without the stock oil cooler behind the filter??
Thanks for confirming that. I have a feeling that it was designed for that... if only it was moved about an inch towards the front it would be clear from everything. I would hate to relocate the oil cooler just for my IAC..... but I refuse to drive the car without the IAC.

·
Super Moderator
4,430 Posts
Thanks for confirming that. I have a feeling that it was designed for that... if only it was moved about an inch towards the front it would be clear from everything. I would hate to relocate the oil cooler just for my IAC..... but I refuse to drive the car without the IAC.
Check your Pm for the answer :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts