Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what the difference between the two are. I've only been able to find info saying the intake cam on them are slightly more aggressive. Main questions are.

1. Is it still non interference with these cams. I assume it is since its only a small change in duration and lift.
2. Just want to make sure that these cams dont have a negative affect power wise on the motor.
3. Do they fit usdm cam gears.

Sorry for the noob question, searched for a while for answers but couldnt find much. Thanks for any help that can be given.

·
Blood for Blood
8,324 Posts
Use the search button

Just wondering what the difference between the two are. I've only been able to find info saying the intake cam on them are slightly more aggressive. Main questions are.

1. Is it still non interference with these cams. I assume it is since its only a small change in duration and lift.
2. Just want to make sure that these cams dont have a negative affect power wise on the motor.
3. Do they fit usdm cam gears.

Sorry for the noob question, searched for a while for answers but couldnt find much. Thanks for any help that can be given.

There is a ton of info on this topic... please use the search button or google

1. YES.
2. You didnt say what way your going... I will assume your swaping JDM cams for USDM cams... That will effect the motor and yeild aprox 8 more hp. Yes the USDM intake cam is rated to be aprox 8 hp higher than the JDM intake cam.
3. JDM vs USDM cam gears on the 2jz-GTE are the same.

The intake cam on JDM vs USDM are different...

The exhaust cam on JDM vs USDM are the same...

JSpec/ US spec
Intake lift (mm) 7.80/ 8.25
Intake duration (deg) 224 / 233
Intake Open BTDC (deg) 3 / 3
Intake Close ABDC (deg) 41 / 50
Intake Centre ATDC (deg) 109 / 113

Exh lift (mm) 8.4 / 8.4
Exh duration (deg) 236 / 236
Exh Open BBDC (deg) 52 / 52
Exh Close ATDC (deg) 4 / 4
Exh Centre (deg) 114 / 114
Overlap (deg) 7 / 7

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As i said, i have already searched the best i could and wasnt successful, I searched for about 45 minutes and couldnt find anything but a hint that they made more power and had more lift. Maybe im just not used to the search engine on this forum yet. Thanks for all the info man, really appreciate it. Im not swapping them for gte cams, i just need turbo cams to install a CAS in an NA head.

·
Blood for Blood
8,324 Posts
ok well I have a spare set of JDM cams in my for sale thread... the link is in my sig... PM me you city state and zip and I can ship them to your door... I ship the same day I am paid and I send the tracking number on the same day as well... check my iTrader.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just sent payment for 80 shipped to gamz. I appreciate the offer though. The motor isnt going to be needed for sometime, so im not in a big hurry anyways. I still have to sell the rest of my ka-t setup and make exhaust mani, mounts, and intake mani for it before i pull the head off for a new gasket and replace the cams/ tap the head for the sensor. Again thanks for all the info.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Lovely post Rogue, answering and getting straight to the point. You should do it more often!

I won't be getting USDM cams now, what a waste of money; going aftermarket better. I was told they are both different (in/ex) and that I'd get around 40hp going from JDM to USDM. Meh...guess not.

·
Blood for Blood
8,324 Posts
^ Thanks and thats how I do it all the time... and someone told you wrong... like I said all the info is out there... search

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
If I wanted to free up some hp using HKS adjustable cam gears on my JDM 2JZ GTE with stock cams, what adjustments should be made on each cam gear?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts