Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i bought this t04e , used. it was previously on another 7m that was "making 500whp". it still had the oil fee, and return lines on it. both were custom hoses. the feed looks kinda beefy , and came with a reducer on the end . the turbo was spotless, and looked to be in good operating order. so, didn't bother to measure the i.d. of the reducer (which might be my problem ??) the return is a large dia braided hose , and the brand new Toyota oil pump relief spring is shimmed 5mm

i get my fresh engine in the car, and put 20 miles on it.. the car starts,idles, and cruises VERY well, but the turbo seems extremely laggy . so i made a boost leak tester , and pulled teh accordian hose off , to pressurize it. to find this

it has some up/down shaft play ,now. did i buy a jacked-up turbo , or did I break it ??

· Registered
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
did you prime the oil system and turbo before starting it?

did you check for shaft play before you installed it?
i pulled the EFI fuse ,and cranked it for about 3-40 seconds before , firing it up

i don't remember any . it's been sitting in my basement for 2 years , and that was the last time i really messed with it , until putting it on

i'm sure it needs rebuilt , i'd like to avoid it happening again, after i pay for the $350 rebuild

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.