Supra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
DrIvE it like it's sToLeN
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know how hard it is to drop a V12 toyota century engine in like "Smokey" Nagata did for Top Secret? were can these engines be bought? whats the benifits and is it worth it....or should i just keep the 2jz-gte?

any photos of supra engine swaps other then the JZ family?
any v12's?

mainly im curious....im quite fond of my turbo'ed inline six

·
Cheifbootknocka
1,944 Posts
anyone know how hard it is to drop a V12 toyota century engine in like "Smokey" Nagata did for Top Secret? were can these engines be bought? whats the benifits and is it worth it....or should i just keep the 2jz-gte?

any photos of supra engine swaps other then the JZ family?
any v12's?

mainly im curious....im quite fond of my turbo'ed inline six
Theres a thread on here somewhere of someone working on the same swap right now. If only the search worked....

·
Cheifbootknocka
1,944 Posts
can you say fabricate?
Yea, just weld two 2jz's together. lol
Seriously now that the V12 limos are getting retired its going to be easier to find used ones.

·
Registered
726 Posts
do you think that all of the work justifies it??
for that price you can probably build yourself a sick 2jzgte... and not have to rebuild the front of your car to fit that other engine...
only awesome thing would be at shows... "showstoper" for sure...

·
Registered
2 Posts
There wasnt any cutting that had to be done in the engine bay. Just custom manifolds, mounts, bell housing, driveshaft, as well as other minor things. They said in the article theyd replicate it for no less then (something like) 300,000 dollars which is bull. For that price theres at least 200,000 profit gaurenteed.

·
Registered
726 Posts
just trow a 2jzgte in the trunk... and have a twin engine, all wheel drive quad turbo 2000 hp supra...

·
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha i like Black gorrilla's idea.....haha....fhalperformance....thanks for ur input and thank you all for leaving replies... for 300,000 dollars hhahaha....im sticken with the inline six....maybe we should all listen to black-gorilla for that matter....jeez that must be how he broke bond.....after getting arrested in england lol.....those numbers are rediculous ,,,i bet quite a few people on here can custom fab. a v12 for under 1ook with labor done by them selves!

·
6Spd TT Aerotop
3,620 Posts
Finding the V12 for a good price is the first hard part. I'm sure you'd be able to buy manifolds and engine mounts from Top Secret. Then choose your own ECU's (one per bank, it's basically two inline sixes with a common crank) and get it tuned up.

Or do a lot of custom fab work like two other guys in aus are doing at the moment.

I wouldn't want a replica of the Top Secret car anyway, because that's the ugliest Supra I've seen in my life, the engine bay is the only saving grace :p

Dan.

·
6Spd TT Aerotop
3,620 Posts
All alloy block? Apparently the V12 weighs about the same as the steel block 2J actually :p

Dan.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I thought it was a great idea to begin with but there was so much more they could and could afford to do to it. I agree with sicarius123 that it was ugly, and Ive never been a fan of gold.

You shouldnt need two ECU's. I know an Autronic SM4 ECU can handle a 16 cylinder up to 13,000rpm and 1 to 12 cylinders up to 16,000rpm. Even if you farmed out all the custom work it should still run under 100k assuming the engine isnt outrageously priced and you find a shop that doesnt charge you for tieing their shoes and sleeping.

·
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
fhalperformance....love it...haha "and you find a shop that doesnt charge you for tieing thier shoes and sleeping" couldnt be put better!....i agree the body is awful on that thing, really destroyed the stock lines and curve that makes our car so good looking....never would i want to replicate it....they shoulda played off the body style similar to thier wide body...i believe gt-300...i love the front end on that thing....and thats one ofthe places the v12 lacked the most....thanks for everyones input!

·
Registered
1 Posts
haha i like Black gorrilla's idea.....haha....fhalperformance....thanks for ur input and thank you all for leaving replies... for 300,000 dollars hhahaha....im sticken with the inline six....maybe we should all listen to black-gorilla for that matter....jeez that must be how he broke bond.....after getting arrested in england lol.....those numbers are rediculous ,,,i bet quite a few people on here can custom fab. a v12 for under 1ook with labor done by them selves!
I saw a guy do that with a civic and it was pretty dope but it was on a hatch so plenty of space and definitely not street legal

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.