Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Our prototype is installed and everything works.
We've closed off the center like our stage 3 modifications as well as thread in detents for easier service and removable magnet/drain plug for inspection.
Still time to get in on the intro price of 2500.00 plus shipping or installation.

v160mid.jpg

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Boost Junkie
12,614 Posts
Beautiful.

Steve

·
I blame the Midwest Sect.
1,097 Posts
Pretty cool! Nice work!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Wow !!!. Nice work !!!

·
Registered
324 Posts
This is a nice piece and price considering the other options available.. However what's the point if many of the other rebuild parts are being discontinued? Again awesome piece wish i could've picked it up when i was rebuilding and replacing my center and front case.

·
Boost Junkie
12,614 Posts
They mentioned that they found a source for more parts.

Steve

·
Registered
324 Posts
I haven't kept up with the threads in here so I must have missed that. That's good information to have though.

They mentioned that they found a source for more parts.

Steve

·
Toyota Lover
1,432 Posts
Wow, beautiful at a minimum!

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is a nice piece and price considering the other options available.. However what's the point if many of the other rebuild parts are being discontinued? Again awesome piece wish i could've picked it up when i was rebuilding and replacing my center and front case.
This was one of the first discontinued pieces we decided to reproduce/upgrade.
We are working with a company on synchros, hubs and sliders.
We can get a 5th gear set and intermediate shaft made too.
We are just looking to get more people to pre-buy/ help with production costs.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Jack - what are the parts that usually fail on the V160 ? Maybe I can get into the pre-buy of those parts . I have 5 cars with V160 though I still have 2 brand new V160 sitting around as spares. It probably won't hurt having those extra parts that usually fail as spare.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jack - what are the parts that usually fail on the V160 ? Maybe I can get into the pre-buy of those parts . I have 5 cars with V160 though I still have 2 brand new V160 sitting around as spares. It probably won't hurt having those extra parts that usually fail as spare.
synchros of course, second gear usually needs to be changed, the mid case is pretty weak, 5th gear can be oil starved on hard launches.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Unfortunately, Jacks just informed me that I need the 5th gear set and intermediate shaft for my V160 along with another bell housing since mine was damaged. The intermediate shaft broke and damaged my 5th gear set and bell housing. The tear down was stopped at this point so may still have other damaged parts inside. Trying to decide what to do at this point. This sucks!!!

This was one of the first discontinued pieces we decided to reproduce/upgrade.
We are working with a company on synchros, hubs and sliders.
We can get a 5th gear set and intermediate shaft made too.
We are just looking to get more people to pre-buy/ help with production costs.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
358 Posts
Gonna name my first kid after you LOL this is awesome!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts