Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
2JZ NA-T
5,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, im not gona tell you the entire story. Basically i blew 2 w58's and decided to go with a v160 swap. Didnt think i would find one so fast and cheap but i did, probably gona pick it up tomorw or sunday.

my question is what parts do i need? the search is down and i couldnt find the thread that has this info.

i know that i need the TT flywheel along with a TT clutch. im keeping my rear end the same and im going to mod the driveshaft to connect the v160 to it.

besides the clutch and flywheel do i need anything else? i belive some one said that i needed the TT flywheel bolts too, is this correct?

Also while im at it, what TT clutch would you guys suggest? right now i have the powerhouse racing NA clutch and i love the feel of it. Im looking to put down a lil over 500whp on this current set up. and in the next year or so probably around 600+ whp, any suggestions for good clutches that are very streetable?

·
feeding your habit
4,015 Posts
you need:

flywheel, clutch TOB, slave cylinder, rear mount, isolator, flywheel bolts, driveshaft, differential, axle hardware, axles, 2nd diff isolator, shifter, shifter perch, shift knob.

The diff in your car is 4.0x and your V160 is designed to work with a 3.2x diff. You will not be very happy with the 4.0x diff in there.

I have a good used oem clutch (pp and friction disc) - you can have it for $40 shipped. (I hate wasting good parts into the garbage - I hang on to them until someone can use them). If you want them paypal [email protected]

Mark

·
I rock like CRACK
1,010 Posts
You are going to need a 6spd slave cylinder, a fresh set of flywheel bolts, crossmember and shifter. Your new tranny may come with some or most of this stuff. btw you are going to hate the way the car drives with the 6spd and 4.30 rear end. Might wanna start saving for a 6spd rear end now.:)

·
2JZ NA-T
5,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i wish i could put your clutch to use but im affraid that it would last me about a week. my car puts down 440rwhp so.....

Im getting the Fidenza ligthweight flywheel, RSP stage iii max series sprung hub clutch, and arp flywheel bolts.

the v160 im getting i duno if it comes with a shifter or not, i'll find out in the next few days.

and would the slave cylinder from the 5speed not work?

im assuming that the NA axels wont mate up with a TT differential?

and wat kinda things would the car be doing with a 6speed and an NA diff?

·
Registered
722 Posts
Axles

YOU DON"T NEED AXLES. You can run the na 5 spd axles, I do and have for a long time now. I make over 700whp on the 5spd axles. I don't know why people on here can't get that through their heads!!!! This is true if you run the 6 spd diff or the na 5 spd diff. I would not rec running the 5spd diff due to the gearing.

·
2JZ NA-T
5,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I understand that there will be gearing issues, which if not major i am willing to deal with for a little bit while i obtain a 6spd diff.

So can some one verify if i need the slave cylinder for the v160 if im switching for the w58 na 5speed? or can the one i have in there be used?

·
2JZ NA-T
5,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
damn and one more thing guys, sorry for all these questions, the search is just not available anymore and its hard to look through all these threads:

if the tranny doesnt come with the shifter at all, could i just purchase like a Fidenza short shifter such as this : http://www.suprastore.com/bmshorshifws.html
and be done with it?
thanks guys

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
twincharge is right....n/a axles do work fine with the 6spd diff........plenty of play all through the suspension travel on both sides. AMHIK!!! haha

w58 slave cylinder is nothing like the v160. Will not work.

I've seen trannies for sale with no shifter, or tripod. Shifter won't have anything to sit in without that tripod, so that's something else you might need.

Have you looked at MKIV.com? I think most of your questions can be answered from that writeup Mohd did. It helped me out a lot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts