Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran the V160 on my GE motor for 3 years having 0 issues. last month we finally got the GTE stuff running and now all the sudden the shifter gets a little hot after driving the car for 40 minutes (or if its really hot out 90 plus degrees) and is stiff going through the gears (harder to push into the normal neutral position).

when the car is cold or its cool outside the B&M metal shifter works great/ bounces back to the neutral position with ease.

is there something i can check to see why this is happening?! added heat from the exhaust pipe running underneath it? Help!

-David

·
Toyota Lover
1,432 Posts
I've seen this happen once in a Supra................... and the owner of the car forgot to put trans fluid in it! First things first, check trans fluid level...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the input! i will double check but the fluid but it should have been topped off. wont hurt to verify though. just thought it was weird that it ran flawless over the years.

·
Toyota Lover
1,432 Posts
Yes does not hurt to verify... My buddy who this happened to thought his was topped off also... It was nearly empty when we checked it...

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have the B&M shifter and I just changed the fluid in the car... I notice I was having the same issue when I was in heavy traffic for 30-45min... I could have the car in neutral, push it to left or right and the shifter would sick.... was not until the car cold down would it act normal again...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts