Supra Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Man, you guys really got me questioning why I still have a V160 in a damn SC300, if you guys don’t even want to keep them in your Supras anymore. 😅

·
Registered
836 Posts
Oh no no no. It's not that we don't want to keep them, it's that we're terrified they'll break or something, and we'll be guilty of having killed a V160.

Trawl around looking for a V160. The prices now are eye-watering.

·
Super Moderator
10,709 Posts
Ken but unfair you have many v160 cars to disperse the wear onto!😂
This true, but I also have good shift habits and mechanical empathy. I saw Saad Saad put 1500 whp through a V160 for an entire season without breaking so I confess I never understood how guys in typical APU street Supras nicked up what is still the strongest OEM 6MT ever made.

I do understand the scarcity of parts/pricing issue, but broken parts should not be something that afflicts the Getrag 233 in the vast, vast majority of street car situations, IMO.

Ken.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Ken, I have fairly decent habits, but lack your sense of mechanical empathy when it comes to getting a car moving in a hurry. Of all the transmission failures I've had over the years, I would say that only one of those was really my own fault, and truly... I have no idea how it happened. I got a car stuck in fifth with the lever stuck between fourth and fifth.

I can't say I've had the best of luck with transmissions over the years. :p

·
Registered
9,748 Posts
This true, but I also have good shift habits and mechanical empathy. I saw Saad Saad put 1500 whp through a V160 for an entire season without breaking so I confess I never understood how guys in typical APU street Supras nicked up what is still the strongest OEM 6MT ever made.

I do understand the scarcity of parts/pricing issue, but broken parts should not be something that afflicts the Getrag 233 in the vast, vast majority of street car situations, IMO.

Ken.
If you had saw their driving you would know why lol.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts