Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I just purchased a V161 for my supra, my current setup is a usdm engine (2JZGTE) and harness/ecu, with a w58 installed. I got tired of going through clutches too often, i bit the bullet and spent alot on a trans. So I have a US 6speed
differential, I ordered a J-spec driveshaft and trans bracket. I have a ACT clutch to install, seems like it comes with a flywheel and clutch installed already is there anything else I may need to convert this trans? I also have TT axles, from reading I know that one axle only needs to be changed. Thanks!

·
Registered
105 Posts
remember you have a small diff(200mm) with that w58. you should be able to get away with a TT front shaft and auto rear section for the driveshaft. I have a v160 swapped with a small diff in. didn't swap axles, don't need to unless you want to upgrade them. BUT, I just splurged and got a DSS single piece driveshaft. took the guess work out of it. not too familiar with the JDM trans bracket. I have a bracket from an auto trans and 6spd trans bushing mount. fit fine for me.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
The 1993 to April 1996 JDM 6 speed had the big diff, so that would be the years of JDM driveshaft that you would need to match V161 and USA big diff. The USA 6 speed driveshaft is fine as well of course.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guys should I just drop 700 bucks on a dealer shaft and hope this solves my problem please chime in IM OUT of ideas , My car is in the shop with a complete swap and no driveshaft
and I push it in and out of the shop everyday please help. Thank you guys

·
Somebody's Watching Me!
1,876 Posts
Carchitect I think is his handle on here talk to him see if he still makes the one piece driveshaft cheap just needs a rear diff part of your old drive shaft to mate to a Lexus 460 driveshaft.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I placed the order from the dealer for a US driveshaft I will update the outcome thanks for your help guys appreciated!

·
Registered
84 Posts
The other option is to try and source the A03B diff. That is the small case, 3.266:1 ratio diff which most commonly featured in the VVTi TT6 cars which had the V161.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Found the problem guys here is the update, as someone here stated I needed to get a US driveshaft for the 6 speed. So, I ordered one from my toyota dealer, I was told that I
purchased the last one left in the states it was coming out of California, now its on national back-order. I got lucky I just installed everything and took it for a drive the beast is
pulling nice I had a full NA GE 5 speed. Now Im full twin turbo motor trans and rear brakes etc. Its night and day.!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts