Supra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well well here is your chance. I get about 60-70 emails everyday people asking me when am I going to have a 6speed tranny, 6speed dff etc and my answer was not certain. Well here is your chance and IT WON'T LAST LONG as most of you know that when i list these trannies for sale, they are gone the first few mins. I am able to part the vvti motorswap that I had for sale. MOTOR IS SOLD SOOO I have the v161 which is 6speed tranny with a bad ass gear ratio comes in JAPAN ONLY in 99+supras. It IS SUPER RARE, super super super super did i say super MINT condition tranny with mere 10 or soo k on it. Differential etc is from the same swap etc and here are the prices. DON'T BOTHer MAKING ANY COMMENTS IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE PRICE.. I DON'T CARE IF YOU CAN FIND IT ON EBAY OR WHATEVER FOR CHEAPER. My feedback speaks for itself and I sell nothing but the best quality 6speed trannies etc.. Prices now. They are not going to last soo first come first serve.

1. V161 SUPER rare. MINT MINT condition $3700+shipping. This tranny is NOT available here in US. I sell my v160's for $3000 . BTW. $3700 includes all the shifter parts etc.. I include everything related to tranny NOT LIKE EBAY GARBAGE. If you want a mint tranny , this is your chance. Don't bother emailing me if you don't have $3700 b.c this is the cleanest one ever.

2. 6speed dfferential from the same swap. This rear is practically brand new. $1400+shipping. Again it is FIRM.. NO PRICE REDUCTION on these parts. You will get what you pay for.. $1400+shipping. Again this is not sold in US. 3.26 gear folks.

3. 6speed axles. $400+shipping

4. 6speed driveshaft from the sale swap. $400+shipping

Please call me at 754 368 0410 or email me at [email protected]

I sell them like HOT CAKES b.c of the quality of parts that I sell, many members know that and thatz why they come back and this is your chance. Super duper rare parts.. Call and secure it b4 it is too late..

Sherbaz
754 368 0410

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
These are not 99+ only trannies. These are the same exact ones found on the 97-98 U.S. spec supra's. Post a pic of the bottom side where the drain plug is. I may be interested.

·
Registered
1994 Toyota Supra Turbo 6spd
1,513 Posts
spooldup said:
These are not 99+ only trannies. These are the same exact ones found on the 97-98 U.S. spec supra's. Post a pic of the bottom side where the drain plug is. I may be interested.

i don't think US spec supras came with V161 trannies.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Please post some pictures if you have any, that would help the sell.
:)

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
sleeknsilver said:

all 97-98's did. confirmed with toyota themselves.

·
Turbo Pilot Since 1983
1,116 Posts
Sherbaz said:
Well well here is your chance. I get about 60-70 emails everyday people asking me when am I going to have a 6speed tranny, 6speed dff etc and my answer was not certain. Well here is your chance and IT WON'T LAST LONG as most of you know that when i list these trannies for sale, they are gone the first few mins. I am able to part the vvti motorswap that I had for sale. MOTOR IS SOLD SOOO I have the v161 which is 6speed tranny with a bad ass gear ratio comes in JAPAN ONLY in 99+supras. It IS SUPER RARE, super super super super did i say super MINT condition tranny with mere 10 or soo k on it. Differential etc is from the same swap etc and here are the prices. DON'T BOTHer MAKING ANY COMMENTS IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE PRICE.. I DON'T CARE IF YOU CAN FIND IT ON EBAY OR WHATEVER FOR CHEAPER. My feedback speaks for itself and I sell nothing but the best quality 6speed trannies etc.. Prices now. They are not going to last soo first come first serve.

So what specifically is the difference that makes this special? Is the different gearing only in the rearend?

·
1,522 Posts
sleeknsilver said:

Yes they did! I have a V161 in my car. The gearing is different from the V160 trannies. Go look on MKIV.com and there is a chart that shows all the gear ratios of each.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I must have been mistaken about the v161 not being in us then.. In any case, check the mkiv.com for the diff b/w the v160 vs v161. I do have a sale pending on it soo . Keep you guys updated if it falls..

Sherbaz

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
According to some info I found on mkiv.com
v160 v161
1)3.827 3.724
2)2.360 2.246
3)1.685 1.541
4)1.312 1.205
5) ---- 1.000
6)0.793 0.818
Final 3.280 3.192

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
FWIW, I belive the V161 came in the 99+ N/A "RZ" model. On the swap instructions on MKIV.COM, Mohd (I read somewhere) used the V161 so that's what should be in those pictures. I'm sure I read on the MKIV mailing list that the V160 was in the US Supras even in 97/98. In any case, this is a rare tranny.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I got a new tranny put in my '97 car under warranty. The old one that came out was V160 and the new one that went in was V160.
All US models got V160.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Kurt said:
FWIW, I belive the V161 came in the 99+ N/A "RZ" model. On the swap instructions on MKIV.COM, Mohd (I read somewhere) used the V161 so that's what should be in those pictures. I'm sure I read on the MKIV mailing list that the V160 was in the US Supras even in 97/98. In any case, this is a rare tranny.
Thanks for the correct info now.. I was pretty sure that it was rare but then I got questioned. In any case, it is from a vvti 2jzgte supra from japan and is in prestine condition. Rare and mint condition. Still available

Sherbaz

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
ask dave the guy who build the tranny's for champion. 97-98's came with v161. Maybe they used up the old v160's before they started installing v161's. I just sold a 161 the other day and it was confirmed from champion.

·
3,466 Posts
You can physically see the difference in trannies. The bottom of them near the plug has more ridges / cooling fins. I've seen them side by side on numerous equations.

Of course, this is assuming 97-98 and 93-95 are the V161 and V160

·
Banned
2,385 Posts
well i think my car has a V161 then, the owner told me he had a 98 tranny put in before I bought it and it looks different from my buddies 94 tranny. It has those exact cooling fins you are talking about and there are more of them.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
the drain plugs are different from the v160 and the v161. This tranny is pulled from a jdm i have no doubt but it's still just a regular 97-98 gearbox.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.