Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Supra Forums,

I wanted to introduce this product here on Supra Forums first. About 5 years ago my business partner and I decided to come up with a solution to address what we saw as a weak point on the Mark IV Supra’s with V160 transmissions…that the OEM shifting was less than desirable. After trying several of the most common upgrades all of them left something to be desired either from a price stand point, functionality or aesthetics.

So, we sat down with zero background in engineering or fabrication with a blank page and started to make a list of the qualities that we would want out of product and came up with the following:
  • Zero changes to the aesthetics of the interior. When sitting in the car it shouldn’t be visible in any way that something has been modified.
  • No permanent modifications to the car. These are already collector items and the idea of chopping something up seemed undesirable.
  • An OEM + feel. We wanted to keep the overall feel of the factory shifter but just shorten / tighten things up a little. After multiple prototypes and frustrations, we found that sweet spot.
  • Affordable. To do something right just costs more, and we haven’t cut any corners. But it shouldn’t be what we had seen some of the more common solutions selling for.

I can honestly say that after years and years of R&D and enduring a huge learning curve that we have achieved everything we set out to do with this project and more. Everyone that has gotten to use one of our prototypes has loved it and we couldn’t be happier with the end product. During some of the testing phases I switched back to a fully OEM setup and didn’t realize how good ours was until then.

This truly changes the driving experience of car.

Also, after 2 decades plus in the online car community one of the rinse wash repeat fails that I have seen is someone develops a product and then takes pre orders with a promised delivery date of X. Many months past X delivery date there are nonstop excuses. This project has been entirely self-funded and when they are listed for sale it will be because I have them in hand. No pre orders, no crowd funding, just business done as it should be.

Here is a teaser video….more info will be coming soon.

[video]

·
97 HARD TOP
1,078 Posts
This was the biggest waste of my time reading this bullshit post and shit video. Not one time was it said what the hell the product was. I don't know what kind of feedback your expecting from this post. Maybe you should quit worrying about a new product and learn how to shift a manual transmission the right way, enstead of grinding thru gears learning on probably a shit box honda. Without knowing what your selling obviously from your awesome post above I hope you don't come out with some new short shifter bullshit idea.

·
Registered
302 Posts
This was the biggest waste of my time reading this bullshit post and shit video. Not one time was it said what the hell the product was. I don't know what kind of feedback your expecting from this post. Maybe you should quit worrying about a new product and learn how to shift a manual transmission the right way, instead of grinding thru gears learning on probably a shit box honda. Without knowing what your selling obviously from your awesome post above I hope you don't come out with some new short shifter bullshit idea.
I see Jeff has rubbed of on you. :)

It's actually a 14" dido that the local whore rows the gears for you like a automatic.

·
Father of dragons
182 Posts
This was the biggest waste of my time reading this bullshit post and shit video. Not one time was it said what the hell the product was. I don't know what kind of feedback your expecting from this post. Maybe you should quit worrying about a new product and learn how to shift a manual transmission the right way, enstead of grinding thru gears learning on probably a shit box honda. Without knowing what your selling obviously from your awesome post above I hope you don't come out with some new short shifter bullshit idea.
JEEZ The level of negativity in your reply. OP sleep with your wife or something??

This man’s trying to help the community out with a potentially cool new product and you call it bullshit? If it’s a waste of your time reading about it, why are you wasting more time replying to it? Lol Sure it may be a vague description but have some patience and ask him more about it if it interests you. If not, move tf on. Learn some respect dude.

I, for one, am excited to see what this man brings to the table. I think it’s a fantastic idea and I’m sure it will benefit many. Good luck and kudos to you OP for taking the time out and putting in the effort.

-G

·
97 HARD TOP
1,078 Posts
JEEZ The level of negativity in your reply. OP sleep with your wife or something??

This man’s trying to help the community out with a potentially cool new product and you call it bullshit? If it’s a waste of your time reading about it, why are you wasting more time replying to it? Lol Sure it may be a vague description but have some patience and ask him more about it if it interests you. If not, move tf on. Learn some respect dude.

I, for one, am excited to see what this man brings to the table. I think it’s a fantastic idea and I’m sure it will benefit many. Good luck and kudos to you OP for taking the time out and putting in the effort.

-G
What's a fantastic idea? He literally didn't say anything about what his new product was. And kudos for op taking time out and putting in effort? How so? By wasting everyone's time reading about nothing. What a joke.

·
Administrator
10,072 Posts
What's a fantastic idea? He literally didn't say anything about what his new product was. And kudos for op taking time out and putting in effort? How so? By wasting everyone's time reading about nothing. What a joke.
I guess his video teaser didn't offend me this bad. Guess everyone has a different reaction.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
This kind of teaser just reminds us of all the hype from Dean Kamen about the upcoming amazing product that was going to REVOLUTIONIZE transportation all over the world. Inner city streets were going to completely transform. People would be free. The hype train was huge.

And what did we get ?

Fucking Segways with mall-cops riding them. Paul Blart, looking at you.

This kind of hype without even a clue as to what it is ... definitely generates interest. But it also sets the bar really damn high. If it's not absolutely incredible, and dirt-cheap, it's going to be a shotgun to the foot. The LAST thing the designer wants is people saying

"That's all it is ?? And for HOW much ?? Fuck that"

·
Administrator
10,072 Posts
Lets determine what the bar is then, C's? SuckerPunch Motorsports? Stillway Sequential? B&M was determined to be garbage years ago.

C's are basically 1200-2k, Suckerpunch not really active anymore unless I'm mistaken, Stillway specific and rare.

I get it, he is very protective of his ip etc, but give the damn dude a chance, hes a forum member and don't be disrespectful like you may feel you're entitled to be.

·
Old School
4,239 Posts
All these many years and the only real choices are the 93-95 shifter or the excellent, but rare and pricey C's. I hope he's got something for us.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Instead of the tease it could have been along the lines of

Hey, we've designed a cool new short-shifter - not a typical move-the-fulcrum. All new titanium internals with unobtanium joints, it totally transforms the V160. Here's a video of how we came to be, more details soon - stay tuned !

That would have been impressive. The high-style video without details is really not much more than a fluffer ...

·
Registered
358 Posts
That website doesn't even exist right now. It's a redirect. Other than Madhatter profile being created in 2010.... I'm not very impressed with the announcement of a groundbreaking product developed by non-engineers for a 30 year old car.

·
Administrator
10,072 Posts
Instead of the tease it could have been along the lines of

Hey, we've designed a cool new short-shifter - not a typical move-the-fulcrum. All new titanium internals with unobtanium joints, it totally transforms the V160. Here's a video of how we came to be, more details soon - stay tuned !

That would have been impressive. The high-style video without details is really not much more than a fluffer ...
I agree...however the anger and disrespect is completely unnecessary. I welcome any new part made by a forum member with open arms and will determine my opinion once it's seen and used. So his description is non existant...he wanted to make a cool video that frankly probably took a fair bit of effort and was actually nicely done. It's a shifter of some kind...cool..can't wait to see it.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts