Supra Forums banner
81 - 100 of 127 Posts

· Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
From this point we had to decide between trying to make the shifters by hand or going to 3d printing or CNC. We felt like we could achieve a better end product by the latter so the next step was converting our hand made parts to CAD.

Now we had a digital version of the product and started converting that to a more refined part. It was unbelievably cool to see our rough, hand made prototypes in their digital form.

To start the test fitting process, we decided on binder jet printing. This proved to be a huge mistake as accuracy was very inconsistent from part to part and the durability was questionable. But this was the first time that the part crossed from the digital world back into something tangible.

So after a lot of back and forth we scrapped this approach and opted to go with CNC out of 6061 Aluminum. But this meant that all of our adjustments no longer worked so it was back to square 1.

The CAD files for CNC underwent multiple design iterations (I drove my partners on the project nuts by continually wanting to change things) but in the end it produced a better final product.

Drop bracket start to finish:

Shifter Basket start to finish:

· Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 · (Edited)
And the grand revealing…..the final version of V1SHIFTY

And here are most of the prototypes laid out chronologically

I really appreciate the forum as a great resource of information and community and am excited to be able to give something back.

It’s for sale now: Clicky Clicky

(Units are in hand and ready to ship ASAP)

(Also complete installation instructions are available on the website)

Also admin / mods PM for special promo code.

· Registered
439 Posts
All kidding a side what's you paypal? In on this.

And yes I'm in before you....

Reactions: Mr Ree NZ

· Registered
439 Posts
OK been drinking, WTF is the web side likny Would help would help w/ the drunk & internet challenged people.
Still in on the 1st 3 people. In on this ...............

• Haha
Reactions: Mr Ree NZ

· Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
OK been drinking, WTF is the web side likey Would help would help w/ the drunk & internet challenged people.
Still in on the 1st 3 people. In on this ...............

· Registered
439 Posts
K 2 pages in looking for the website. Link please

· Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
Order placed! Love the back story and the thought and engineering that went in to this. Have always wanted a better feeling shifter and this seems to be the perfect solution. Nice job!
Thank you so much! I have 5 ish years tied up in this project and have obsessed over trying to make the best possible version of it that I could. So excited for you guys to get to try it in the real world.

· Smith & Wesson Member
1,027 Posts
Reactions: FastTurbo

· Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
Regarding the C's short shifter... I am doubtful but maybe? We designed it to work specifically with the OEM but there's a chance it will work with the C's.

Anxious to hear if anyone tries it!

Product should be in the mail Monday for all the orders so far.

81 - 100 of 127 Posts