Supra Forums banner
101 - 120 of 127 Posts

· Hardtop >
1,723 Posts
the c’s doesn’t have the tab part that sticks out on the bottom of the mounting collar so I don’t think it would work. That tab is what holds it in place in that new bracket and prevents back and forth movement when shifting so it doesn’t look like it will work with anything other then the oem shifter

· Inline for the win
6,404 Posts
Interested to hear feedback from members who bought it. Looks promising overall to compliment the '95 shifter assembly (Shorter than 97-98 MY) .

DP

· Registered
1,613 Posts
Just paid for mine :) I wonder if it will work with the original BD shifter ? That was an OEM one that was simply lengthened below the ball. Or will I need a new OEM shifter ? Jeez, can you even get them any more ?

<edit>
OK, looks like they are available - at least not marked as discontinued ...

Oddly, there are at least two variants ? From the main search page I saw a 5F and a 6F, and even on this page there are two part numbers (both 6F) for the shift lever, with a $1 difference
  • 33530-14460
  • 33530-14442
Yet the Boot, shift and select also has two part numbers (5F and 6F) for the same price
  • 33555-14410
  • 33555-14090
Wonder if the 5F/6F refers to 5-speed and 6-speed ?

· Administrator
11,504 Posts
Just paid for mine :) I wonder if it will work with the original BD shifter ? That was an OEM one that was simply lengthened below the ball. Or will I need a new OEM shifter ? Jeez, can you even get them any more ?

<edit>
OK, looks like they are available - at least not marked as discontinued ...

Oddly, there are at least two variants ? From the main search page I saw a 5F and a 6F, and even on this page there are two part numbers (both 6F) for the shift lever, with a $1 difference
  • 33530-14460
  • 33530-14442
Yet the Boot, shift and select also has two part numbers (5F and 6F) for the same price
  • 33555-14410
  • 33555-14090
Wonder if the 5F/6F refers to 5-speed and 6-speed ?
The 1993-95 6spd shifter that is available is 33530-14442 (shorter throw)
The 1997-98 6spd shifter that is available is 33530-14460 (longer throw)

· Registered
439 Posts
Got mine today, will update after install.:love:

Reactions: FastTurbo

· Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
Got mine today, will update after install.:love:
Awesome glad it arrived quickly.....very excited to start seeing some feedback posted!

Also, where I invented this and have taken multiple variations in and out of the car for years I have gotten pretty quick at doing it. I hope with that practice that the installation instructions are clear and easy to follow and that I didn't assume to much. If you get stuck on any part PM me and Ill give you my cell phone and I can help walk you through it if needed.

· Master Shit Fixer
5,007 Posts

· Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 · (Edited)
Got mine last night, looks great. No install docs though ? Will look to install in a couple of months.

Any idea if it will work with a Bryce Danna shifter ?

Glad your happy with the aesthetics!

Install docs on are the website and referenced above in this thread..post 107

Heres the link: CLICKY CLICKY

and if you need additional help you can call me and I can help walk you through it.

also regrading the Bryce Danna shifter...Its doubtful. V1SHIFTY is the same concept of increasing the length of the arm below the fulcrum point...we just came down further than they did...my guess is that if you try ours with an OEM shifter it will be what you are looking for in terms of shortness of throw and feel. If you try the combo let me know.

· Registered
439 Posts
Sorry guys been incredibly busy the past couple weeks I'm going to TRY to get mine installed this weekend. Cheers to calling me out, I failed you all.
So no try, you WILL install this weekend slacker.

Reactions: S&W 500

· Master Shit Fixer
5,007 Posts
Sorry guys been incredibly busy the past couple weeks I'm going to try to get mine installed this weekend. Cheers to calling me out, I failed you all.
There is no "try"! Do...or do not. - Yoda

101 - 120 of 127 Posts