Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
sounds fake if you look an listen after it spools it sounds like it breaks the tires loose but no smoke and no tire marks also if it spooled like that it would squat in the back but that didnt

·
Registered
356 Posts
^^ I agree.. i'd imagine if that Supra had a turbocharged V8 in it, it would certainly make enough torque to get sideways....and leave some tire marks too! it definitely had a loud bark, but i didn't see the relative performance bite out of it.. just my 2 cents

-j

·
Registered
598 Posts
i think it very well could be real!

the cars exhaust doesnt have to 'smoke' when it starts to make power. watch drag videos at the strip, more specifically turbo cars, and you can watch that at what seem to be 'random' spots during the run, you can see large amounts of exhuast get dumped, while at other spots it seems like there is nothing coming out.

the sound is convencing for me to say yes. and you can watch the back end squat.

·
Wangan GTO
175 Posts
It's possible I would need to see more video to know for sure.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Looks and sounds real to me, need more video tho :)

·
Formerly NA-TT
1,267 Posts
Agreed... that would be the only thing that drops in relatively easy compared to other swaps, but I don't think the vid is real... the guy just sounds like someone grabbed his nuts, not that the car was badass.

·
Banned
888 Posts
damn that sounded crazy! But it did look a little fake.

·
Registered
254 Posts
seems legit......especially when u hear that kid in the background and u immediately think that he isn't capable of editting the footage

·
Registered
296 Posts
JamesN said:
It's possible turbocharging the 1Uz motor there has been a guy that did it before.Great video the car sounded sick.
Yeah, thats what they have planned for this one in the UK apprently!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
^ :eek: ^

Where the hell would a turbo go? Maybe down by the tranny like some of the 350Z single turbo kits do? Regardless, that's one mean looking mammajamma. . .even though the V8 looks a little awkward in place of the 2JZ.

·
Always playing catch up
1,632 Posts
bottlefedintegra said:
sounds fake if you look an listen after it spools it sounds like it breaks the tires loose but no smoke and no tire marks also if it spooled like that it would squat in the back but that didnt
so uh, he just cant put it in neutral and rev? i dunno, would be sick thou

<l><l>

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have a 1UZ in my bay right now. There's plenty of room for two big boy turbos......Bebop, wouldn't you agree? AhhwooooooooOOOOOOOOO.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts