Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
2JZ-Phantom
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I have a couple questions. First off I am using a tial 38mm wastgate. What is a good vac source to hook the wastegate to? Also what is a good source to hook the blow off valve to? Is the vac source for the blow off valve in the sticky NA-T install correct? pic's will be helpful. Thanks again guys.

·
The Stars At Night
1,460 Posts
A good source for the wastegate? It needs to be on the compressor housing of the turbo...it can't be anywhere else. As for the blowoff valve, same, you can't just pick any vacuum line you want...on the top of the block after you open the hood at the very back right corner you should see a line attached to a purple-ish (might be dark from dirt) right angle connector going into the valve cover, you need to put a T-valve in that and run that line to the BOV. Yes, there are pictures in the sticky, you could have looked through it yourself rather than waiting for someone to respond...everything you need to know is there...you need to make sure you know what you are doing before you even attempt this...if I were you, from the sound of things, you need to be reading up that sticky hardcore...here is a picture of where you tap for the BOV vacuum line...

And here is a picture for the wastegate...

·
Registered
227 Posts
why do you need to draw the vac line from there for the bov? I have mine drawn from the intake manifold and it seems to work fine?

·
Registered
295 Posts
mrsc3 said:
why do you need to draw the vac line from there for the bov? I have mine drawn from the intake manifold and it seems to work fine?
That line is connected to the intake manifold. It runs from the PCV valve to the Y after the throttle body.

·
Registered
227 Posts
So which is better tapping it from the location you mentioned or the place I have it tapped. It's right next to the diag port. Thanks

·
I rock like CRACK
1,010 Posts
You need to Tee you bov vac line into the line going to the FPR, I wouldn't reccomend using that pcv/valve cover vent hose. As for the wastegate that source is the compressor housing.

·
***ified?
1,087 Posts
I prefer to keep the vacuum for the FPR separate from everything else. Although it isnt likely, you are more prone to have a failure/leak with the more Ts you add. Also, sharing the FPR line with a vacuum operated device can cause deviations in the vacuum/pressure applied to your FPR, which is what directly controls the variance in fuel pressure.

Also, the vacuum line for the BOV is best IMO from the manifold. Sharing it with the PCV line can get junk in your BOV. Anywhere aft of the throttle body is a good tapping point, assuming the orface is large enough to permit a ready change in pressure without restriction.

The best vacuum for the wastegate is the turbo housing. The further you run the vacuum from the impeller discharge, the harder it will be to regulate predictably.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts