Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok dumb questions but here it goes.
I've got a single vacuum line running off my FFIM, to a vacuum box I made, that i was thinking of running the

(fpr,brake booster,and powersteering vacuum lines off of)

Can I also run my Aem 3.5 bar sensor off the same block as well as the Aem tru boost or do these two things need their own dedicated vacuum sources. I was going to run them off the same line while putting a check valve in the feed line to the block to make sure only vacuum was getting to it, but doesn't the bar and tru boost need both vacuum, and boost pressure to run properly?

·
Registered
581 Posts
^ Should be fine if you're running a large enough line to the distribution block and a short line to the AEM sensor (as that's the one that's really important).

The sensor and Truboost need both vacuum and boost sources (same vacuum line), why were you planning on running a check valve? Check valves just mean the pressure/air can only flow one way... You just need to install the vacuum lines to the distribution block and leave it at that.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^ Should be fine if you're running a large enough line to the distribution block and a short line to the AEM sensor (as that's the one that's really important).

The sensor and Truboost need both vacuum and boost sources (same vacuum line), why were you planning on running a check valve? Check valves just mean the pressure/air can only flow one way... You just need to install the vacuum lines to the distribution block and leave it at that.
I'll be running a 4an line to the box. With a check valve in that line. I was going to run both the tru boost and map off the vacuum box, but if they both need to have access to boost pressure then ill just drill two holes into the top of my manifold and tap those for vacuum lines. Since the vacuum box will be just vacuum only because boost pressure would not be good for the fpr, powersteering etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts