Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what everyones vacuume at idle is and can this tell you if you have a boost leak?

Chris

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
mine idles at 20....dont know the unit, but 20 (something) below 0psi. I was told if you idle below 20 (ex.18 or 10, closer to 0psi)
you have vacuum leak.

·
In The Sonoran Desert
437 Posts
yup, also at 20. I believe the units are mm Hg, (the same units use to measure barometric pressure). I noticed that during a gear change the needle dips below, to about 23mm Hg

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeh it dips..I notice it also when cruizing on highway that it goes to 23-25, only at idle the gauge shows 20.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
uhh... this is bad....!!

My blitz turbo timer w/built in boost gauge shows I have -.60(ish) vacuume at idle

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN....?????

major leak????

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what "other" numbers... there are metric standards.. either PSI (pounds per square inch) or BAR (barometric pressure which is messured in millimiters of murcury) ... so I don tknow what your tlaking about??

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My avc-r reads about -460 to -500 mmHg at idle. Is this too low? Someone else who is bpu with an avc-r have simialr readings?

Chris

·
Registered
922 Posts
SpdRcr0 said:
what "other" numbers... there are metric standards.. either PSI (pounds per square inch) or BAR (barometric pressure which is messured in millimiters of murcury) ... so I don tknow what your tlaking about??
Boost is measured in PSI/Bar (blitz meter doesn't use either for boost its like kg/cm) etc.

Vacuum is measure in some different standard (something) like
mm/Hg or cm/Hg or inch/Hg.

What the boost drops to vacuum the units on the blitz turbo timer should switch to different units. If its not seeing a vacuum or the units are not changing you might have a problem.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My vacuum reads 16 at idle but the darn thing runs quick as hell. Is that too low or should it be higher? I'm only running 1.1 bar now but I guess when the fuel upgrade goes in and the boost goes up, I'll find if there's a boost leak.

Eric

T-78

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What is the best and most safest way to check for boost leaks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts