Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you permanantly wired yours, where did you splice into? Only asking because I do not know how much current it draws and I do not want to splice it into a spot that cannot handle the load!!

Thanks

·
Supra OG
1,002 Posts
chester said:
If you permanantly wired yours, where did you splice into? Only asking because I do not know how much current it draws and I do not want to splice it into a spot that cannot handle the load!!

Thanks
Chester,

Find the fuse panel to the left of the clutch pedal.. use a voltage light to find the unused fuse receptacle that is switched with accessory power.. I think it's active aero or something like that... use a fuse tap from radio shack and a 10A fuse and you should be fine. Make sure to put the fuse tap on the non-powered side of the fuse receptacle so your power actually goes through the fuse.

Alternatively, use the seat heater fuse receptacle if you want it switched only with the key on "on" instead of "acc." Now that I think about it, for the V1 that does make more sense...

Andi

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Supra178,
How did you get that light assembly out? Did you just use a flat head with care to jimmy it out?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I must be blind because I have looked at the light fixture and see no screws. I have not looked at it again yet but where are the screws located at?

Since you tap it into that location isn't that a constant 12V source or actually come to think of it, isn't it 0V untill you actually turn the light on and then you see the 12V. I am wondering because if I turn the car on and have the light off will I still have power to the V1??

Thanks for the help again,
Chester

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
chester said:
I must be blind because I have looked at the light fixture and see no screws. I have not looked at it again yet but where are the screws located at?

Since you tap it into that location isn't that a constant 12V source or actually come to think of it, isn't it 0V untill you actually turn the light on and then you see the 12V. I am wondering because if I turn the car on and have the light off will I still have power to the V1??

Thanks for the help again,
Chester
I guess if I go on the positive side of the switch I will be fine! I really did not think enough about it before my previous post!

·
488ci V10 Power
1,785 Posts
I wired mine directly to the cigarette lighter harness. its switched ON when the car is turned on. works perfect.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Chester, there's that white piece of plastic you need to pop out and you can see the screw from there.
As for the power, it will be on all the time unless you shut off the Valentine. The only reason I tap it there is because it will look much cleaner and I don't need to reroute all them wires all over the car. Hope that helps.

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
i was too stupid, i wired mine near the passenger footwell and its 12V all the time :( stupid me! i should have tested it when power was off. doh anyway i put in a swtich. easy on/off if im going through malls!

Brett

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i too spliced from my cig lighter. been that way for 3 years or so....no problems at all.

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
supra178 said:
I tapped mines in to the light above the rear view mirror.
Can someone tell me which one of the 3 wires are power and ground??? PLS PLS PLS. I dont have a test lamp. THANKS!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts