Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might put my car up for sale, been thinking about it a little bit.
It's a 97 Jade Green TT 6 spd with 40k miles

BPU car with Greddy front mount, has side skirts RMM Wing, front lip, Lowered with 18" Volk Challenge wheels. Very clean car, has a few minor flaws, but overall a VERY nice example of a later model supra.

I'd need close to 40k for it to buy what I want next, would it bring that much??

After looking at prices, I think it would. Plus it has a killer look to it.

·
Registered
13,582 Posts
I think close to or even 40 is possible

·
11,221 Posts
I believe a similar car like yours sold for 39k last year, except it was auto and black.

Not sure how many folks are fond of Jade (is it?), but the 6 speed sure looks attractive.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
1-2 years ago it seemed like only RSP or QS were in the $40s, but now other colors of excellent condition, lower mileage 6 spds are getting up there.

I love the green. Seems like it's not a hugely popular color, but it helps you that it is a rare color.

I'd agree with everyone else that you could get very close to 40k.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm, I had talked myself into selling it before I drove it about 100 miles the other day with the top off. Man-these cars are so much fun. I don't know anything about them, but I do know I can learn. The build quality is very good on the cars and the HP potential is amazing.

Car is very clean, owned by a doctor. Has a couple light door dings and the wheels have some curbs, but other then that, it's nice.
I dunno what to do. I had a nice C6 Convertible before this and it was fun too. I knew I couldn't bring it and it was covered under warranty. Plus my wife liked driving it, it was an auto.

Anyway, I'm still not sure what I'm going to do.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Who said the vin was missing and it's been painted?? What are you talking about?? As far as the 33k, good luck buddy

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
If you get a PDR service to fix the door dings it sounds like you could get around $40k for it if it really is that clean. The only thing I would see as a negative is the green color which is not as desireable as the others. However, to the right buyer green would be a good thing.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Why was the VIN missing and what's the paint jobs done? Me personally I wouldn't pay more than 33 for it.
Yikes, Michael - you appear to be confusing this car with an RSP car that happens to be listed in the for-sale sections. How does that happen??

·
Registered
13,582 Posts
Yikes, Michael - you appear to be confusing this car with an RSP car that happens to be listed in the for-sale sections. How does that happen??
color blind? my buddy in work is color blind and we play color related pranks on him all the time ...kinda off-color stuff.

·
11,221 Posts
Yea my bad, lol. I was confusing this car with the one that is in the FS Section then...

Sorry! Confused it with the 98 RSP for sale.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
it's going to be painted green very soon, Also going to get diff wheels I believe or give the buyer a break to buy new wheels, these have some light rash. A good set of SSR's like above with a fat lip are hard to beat.
I'm probably not going to sell it, but I am looking at another car that's hard to pass up.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts