Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, it’s been a long time since I’ve been on the forum ever since I sold my mk4. I had started a build that came to a stop after some family issues and financial problems and that’s when I sold the Supra but I held on to some of the swap parts thinking I would buy another but I no longer see that happening. I’ve been out of the community so long and wanted to see what a usdm engine is going for I’ve checked the parts for sale forum and I never see them posted, at least not as often as they use to be. I maybe posting my for sale so I wanted a rough idea of what they sell for, the one I have has about 85000 miles on it

·
Blue Thunder
3,341 Posts
Around $3k in running condition.

·
Registered
151 Posts
IT seems like more and more people are going VVTI Aristo motors since VVTI tuning is becoming more and more common. The price of a non-VVTI USDM seems to be in decline.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That’s interesting since the jdm non vvti is more expensive than the vvti and the usdm use to be more than the jdm specially to California owners that have to deal with smog I’ve seen the jdm non vvti for sale at 4500 it’s hard to believe that the better usdm motor is worth less. Things have changed I suppose

·
iSPOOL
791 Posts
That’s interesting since the jdm non vvti is more expensive than the vvti and the usdm use to be more than the jdm specially to California owners that have to deal with smog I’ve seen the jdm non vvti for sale at 4500 it’s hard to believe that the better usdm motor is worth less. Things have changed I suppose
For clarity do you have the entire engine with stock twins, wire harness, ecu, and transmission? Or just the engine itself?

Having a full USDM set up would be most valuable to those swapping their cars back to stock look to maximize a sale.

·
iSPOOL
791 Posts
R154 or W58 transmission?
If it was me selling it, a full engine with all auxiliary items, valvecovers, turbos, wire harness, ecu, rear sump oil pans with an r154 transmission it wouldn't unreasonable to ask over $7k for the set up.

For reference a JDM automatic trans set up for close to $6k.

And one with r154

If i were you, I would keep it. I kick myself for selling my second engine years ago as I can hardly find decent oil pans, valve covers, or a USDM cylinder head for what I sold it for.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That’s what I figured it just through me off that some one suggested 3k for a usdm. when jdm are a lot less valuable and more available then the usdm ones and prices higher. So what does the complete engine go for if i were to sell with out the trans I would assume that for 7k most of that is engine. I remember the r154 use to go for about 1500 some time ago

·
Mind if I do a J?
3,127 Posts
The JDM motors are going for around $3k right now. For a USDM motor you'll get more than that. I think the $4500 mentioned is pretty reasonable, although I'd value at about $500 higher. For the entire 5spd swap (if it's a R154) I think $7500 would be fair asking price with a little negotiating room.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
Patrick94TT
Supra Forums
Supra Forums is the largest online Toyota Supra MKI, MKII, MKIII, MKIV and MKV owner's club community. Discuss DIY, modifications, and upgrades.
Full Forum Listing