Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can i upgrade the valvebody without rebuidling the tranny? aslong as the tranny is in really good condition and decnt milage it only has 62-63k and i have aftermarket oversized thinline b&m trannycooler to keep tranny temps down

Who else makes valvebody upgrade besides level ten? If not any one do you know how much the level ten kit goes for without install or is there something else I can do to my auto to change its shifting characteristics? Thanks Xdreamer

·
Supra OG
2,392 Posts

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks ususally how much will it cost for the installation and valve body? And which is the best setup to use? that will kill my tranny fast Thanks

·
Supra OG
2,392 Posts
The prices on those sites range from around $600-$1000+. The only hitch is some of them expect to do the install. I don't know if all of them are kits you can buy (apparently the one from RMM is). Supposeably, the claim is that these upgrades actually result in higher reliability than the stock setup which is optimized for comfort (thereby lengthing the shift overlap and causing more heat). You can call ProTech or Phoenix hardparts and they should be able to answer any questions you have.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts