Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i guess im going to be changing them my self because toyota quoted $270 labor. i know some of you guys have done this.

question: any special things i would have to do first? do i have to drain the oil? its practically just un-bolting the covers, replace the gasket, and bolt it up right? i figured i would have to replace the crank case hoses so i got that checked, what else? whats the torque specs on the bolts?

i just dont want to have any suprises when im doing the job

·
Registered
248 Posts
simple job like you said. you may need to buy some new washers since they like to crack when you try to pry them off the stud and bolts. no idea what to torque it down to but barely tightened it. don't over tightened it though

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts

·
BPU is so 1997
5,354 Posts
The rear bolt on the passenger side valve cover is a bitch to get to. Make sure you have some swivels, if not, it can be challenging.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the repair manual the guy posted above said i have to take out the coil packs, hoses, etc.

do i still have to do this? cant i just un-bolt the shit? again do i drain some oil or not if the oil is at the right level at the dip stick?

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
TRD94JZA80TT said:
the repair manual the guy posted above said i have to take out the coil packs, hoses, etc.

do i still have to do this? cant i just un-bolt the shit? again do i drain some oil or not if the oil is at the right level at the dip stick?
the link i gave you was for to do a VALVE CLEARANCE
INSPECTION AND ADJUSTMENT but it gives you a genral over view of what you need to do .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts