Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I've read through all the threads I could find and I'm getting mixed answers. I have a 2JZGE non-vvti and my valve covers are pretty bad and i want new ones. I'm running an FFIM so no clearance issues.

I know that the 2JZGTE non-vvti ones would fit and have the same bolt pattern. Does anybody know if I could use 2JZGE VVTi valve covers from an IS300? I found a pair relatively cheap.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey guys,

I've read through all the threads I could find and I'm getting mixed answers. I have a 2JZGE non-vvti and my valve covers are pretty bad and i want new ones. I'm running an FFIM so no clearance issues.

I know that the 2JZGTE non-vvti ones would fit and have the same bolt pattern. Does anybody know if I could use 2JZGE VVTi valve covers from an IS300? I found a pair relatively cheap.
They shouldn’t fit iirc. My GTE VVTI has a shortened left cover to accommodate the VVTI mechanism but I have not seen the GE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Blue Thunder
3,402 Posts
The intake side from the VVT-i will not fit. The exhaust side will though. You can't refurbish your's?

B

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The intake side from the VVT-i will not fit. The exhaust side will though. You can't refurbish your's?

B
Mine have huge score marks in them from a previous owner, they look melted in spots, and I'm hesitant to sand the metal down too far. I may just go for it though.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Consider running the TT covers since you have an FFIM? They are made from aluminum and are easier to finish and take car of. I'm pretty sure the NA valve covers are magnesium so they are pain to refinish and can chunk off and such.

·
From the land down under
3,673 Posts
I replaced mine non vvti GE covers with non vvti GTE after installing an FFIM, and it makes the engine bay look soooo much better. Best $500 I ever spent :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts